The Dolby Atmos, DTS-X, and Auro-3D Discussion Thread

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I didn't know Live, Die, Repeat came out in 4K with Atmos, been waiting for that one, but the existing DTSHDMA track was already great. Read the review, it says that the bass is softened in the Atmos track, likely because the DTS-HD track was potent. The opening scene is where all the bass is though. I might pass on this one for now.

I just ordered the Mad Max 4K set. I already have the single disc, but the price of the set was better than buying the other 3 lol (and of the originals, I only like 1 and 2).

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
I didn't know Live, Die, Repeat came out in 4K with Atmos, been waiting for that one, but the existing DTSHDMA track was already great. Read the review, it says that the bass is softened in the Atmos track, likely because the DTS-HD track was potent. The opening scene is where all the bass is though. I might pass on this one for now.

I just ordered the Mad Max 4K set. I already have the single disc, but the price of the set was better than buying the other 3 lol (and of the originals, I only like 1 and 2).
Did this movie originally have an Atmos soundtrack? I'm kind of suspicious of Atmos remixes because they might be gimmicky.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Did this movie originally have an Atmos soundtrack? I'm kind of suspicious of Atmos remixes because they might be gimmicky.
It was originally DTSHD-MA, which the reviews say still sounds great (presumably ported over).

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
It was originally DTSHD-MA, which the reviews say still sounds great (presumably ported over).
Since I have copies of both, I just merged the DTS-HD track in with the new video and Atmos tracks. Now I can easily compare.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis