The Dark Crystal (Series)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I fell asleep in the first episode and had to rewatch the last 10 min too lol. 2nd episode is still laying the groundwork and characters a bit, but it starts to pick up. It clicks and ties in very well with the movie IMO.

The little lady had not seen the movie, so last week we watched it before starting the series. I've seen it about 20 times.
I'll be watching episode two tonight. I love the look of the show. I'll have to check out the movie too to compare

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'll be watching episode two tonight. I love the look of the show. I'll have to check out the movie too to compare
The show benefits from some digital touches, but a lot of it is sets and puppets and it looks pretty amazing.

Favorite part so far was when they did a PUPPET SHOW in the show.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Finished it and I really liked it. There's a behind the scenes show which is really interesting too.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Okay, I know I started this thread but have to admit I've only watched the first episode and had some trouble getting through it. It's looking like it starts off a little slow tho and I need to watch a couple more episodes before making a final judgement.
Like you, unless a show really sucks bad, I try to go with a 3 episode rule.
Most commonly (for shows I like) the producers chose to "sacrifice" the pace of the first episode or two to lay the foundation for what will happen next.
I have realized that I have greater appreciation for a more complicated set of characters now that we are not tied to waiting 1 week between each episode. That is too many sleep-wake cycles before the next episode when I am initially absorbing the different characters.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis