The Curved Monitor Conspiracy Theory Solved Once and For All

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Jerry be gettin some bunk-@ss weed where he is. And I don't get it. There is a lot of good weed around CA. Any person of his means should be able to score a righteous high in no time.

But this?

I skipped past the BS part... went straight to the... well... still the same. o_O

At least he talked about golf. When all else fails in an Audio or AV forum... talk about golf. That's a certain success.
:rolleyes:

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
You guys actually read the articles?;) Didn’t read it and don’t care. Watched a movie on a curved theater screen back in the 80s. Sucks altogether. Still have nightmares. Never again on any size screen.
I read a few sentences, skimmed a few sentences more, and left the page.

This style of writing is not to my taste.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Good grief a bucket list of golf courses? I'd probably want to take advantage of someone like that if given the opportunity, tho. Didn't realize when using a lift service your address is visible to the driver.....altho in a sense that might be fair.

As to curved screens, always figured that was a matter of how close you want to sit to a tv for whatever reasons (gaming? or in very small rooms where there's no choice but to be too close to the tv?).

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I'm not a fan of Jerry's inclusion of politics in his articles but you can't deny the user engagement as a result. Still, more to the point and succinct is the type of content I prefer to publish.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm not a fan of Jerry's inclusion of politics in his articles but you can't deny the user engagement as a result. Still, more to the point and succinct is the type of content I prefer to publish.
So you're saying something from Gaetz/Rubio/deSantis might not make the cut? :) If you present an article I'll generally read it....and Jerry doesn't bother me so much except the golf stuff :)

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Am I the only guy on this thread looking at it all on a superb looking curved computer screen? I got this thing when I put together the computer for gaming some years ago, being a Warcraft junkie. I love it. I had no idea that there was a controversy over curved screens. Reading the article provided absolutely no clarity about that either.
It was nearly a content free article. Like a puff pastry. The best part of the thread was the admission by some of "reading the articles in Playboy and Hustler". Anytime that comes up, we know somebodies stretchin' the truth.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Am I the only guy on this thread looking at it all on a superb looking curved computer screen? I got this thing when I put together the computer for gaming some years ago, being a Warcraft junkie. I love it. I had no idea that there was a controversy over curved screens. Reading the article provided absolutely no clarity about that either.
Not necessarily... But many of us just love flaming Jerry for his 'slightly' out of touch op-eds that seem to expect EVERYBODY is a golfer that can afford a McMansion on Mulholland Dr... or elsewhere in LaLaLand. :rolleyes:
:D
It was nearly a content free article. Like a puff pastry.
It was content-free. But I prefer to think of it as more like cotton candy than Puff Pastry. :p
The best part of the thread was the admission by some of "reading the articles in Playboy and Hustler". Anytime that comes up, we know somebodies stretchin' the truth.
That's not all they're stretchin'!!! :oops:

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Not necessarily... But many of us just love flaming Jerry for his 'slightly' out of touch op-eds that seem to expect EVERYBODY is a golfer that can afford a McMansion on Mulholland Dr... or elsewhere in LaLaLand. :rolleyes:
:D

It was content-free. But I prefer to think of it as more like cotton candy than Puff Pastry. :p

That's not all they're stretchin'!!! :oops:
No, you aren't. I have a pair of curved 27" Samsung 2K monitors in my home office using them right now. It's a very nice!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If I had to sit at a desk again the curved monitors could be a very nice....but a laptop is more than sufficient for my use....and can go where I want to sit.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis