The Boys - Season 4

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I have to admit I did not really enjoy the first 3 epiosdes of The Boys on Amazon, but episode 4 picked up some momentum and I just watched episode 5 working out this morning and it it hitting full stride again. Love the parody of Marvel movies part of it. Definitly got my attention back. Hopefully it continues to improve

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just saw S04E08 - season finale. Awesome. Can’t get enough of this stuff.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Anthony Star (Homelander) definitely deserves Emmy nod, so does Karl Urban. Great cliffhanger, looking forward to their final season next year,

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
It's on Amazon? Cool I'm gonna have to check this out.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Anthony Star (Homelander) definitely deserves Emmy nod, so does Karl Urban. Great cliffhanger, looking forward to their final season next year,
I hope they will at least continue on with Gen V after they conclude The Boys next season.

Just hate it when they end an awesome show like The Boys. We need at least 20 seasons. :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Season 4 was bad. Season 3 had things cranked to 11 and this season was nothing compared to season 3. Only bright spot was Homelander's story line. Otherwise, all the other character story lines were horrible. The writing for this season was really bad. Brought in way too much politics. The previous seasons kept it in check and had it in the back of everything, not front and center. I'm glad season 5 is the final season, especially after this bad season. Seasons 1-3 are the best, this one the worst. Lets hope they nail it with 5 and bring it back to season 3 levels. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Season 4 was bad. The writing for this season was really bad.
How do you define “bad writing”?

Being too political?

To me, bad writing means the things they do make no sense or things are unfocused- having no clear plot. Like how burning one little book can burn down the entire fortress - makes no sense. Like going outside in the dark when you know the killer is waiting for you.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
How do you define “bad writing”?

Being too political?

To me, bad writing means the things they do make no sense or things are unfocused- having no clear plot. Like how burning one little book can burn down the entire fortress - makes no sense. Like going outside in the dark when you know the killer is waiting for you.
The character arcs in this season were not that great. Hughie, Starlight and Frenchie's characters were flat out annoying this season, and just dumb. Compared to previous seasons. That's bad writing or just bad ideas. I'm surprised you have a question mark next to political. The entire season was all about political sides. hahaha the most obvious and hated thing about this season. In previous seasons it was more subtle. Which was ok, but when it's point blank in your face obvious, I don't really care for it and the season automatically gets a lower rating from me.

There were some funny moments throughout, but my overall rating for this specific season is 3/10. Compared to previous seasons that are all at least 8/10's. I really hope they go back to similar off the walls bonkers like season 2 and 3 to finish this series up. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The character arcs in this season were not that great. Hughie, Starlight and Frenchie's characters were flat out annoying this season, and just dumb. Compared to previous seasons. That's bad writing or just bad ideas. I'm surprised you have a question mark next to political. The entire season was all about political sides. hahaha the most obvious and hated thing about this season. In previous seasons it was more subtle. Which was ok, but when it's point blank in your face obvious, I don't really care for it and the season automatically gets a lower rating from me.

There were some funny moments throughout, but my overall rating for this specific season is 3/10. Compared to previous seasons that are all at least 8/10's. I really hope they go back to similar off the walls bonkers like season 2 and 3 to finish this series up. :D
If you are an English teacher grading papers, would you flunk someone only because you disagree with their point of view even though they back up what they say - the cause-effect and actions make sense?

Did anything happen that made no common sense?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
As I stated, I also felt it started to be a parody of itself the first three episodes and got back to what it did well the remainder of the season, make me laugh. I also felt Starlight was given little to work with until the last episode. It started to get funny (good again) at the comic con episode, then with Hewey in the Dungeon, and the barn scene was the over-the-top absurdity that made it good.

It is very political, parody of currently polarizing political system, Kripke owns the similarity to Trump style politics.

At the end of the series it found its footing IMO and I am looking forward to season 5.

SIDE NOTE: Solider Boy Spinoff

'The Boys' Boss Eric Kripke Talks Finale Trump Parallels at Comic-Con (hollywoodreporter.com)

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
If you are an English teacher grading papers, would you flunk someone only because you disagree with their point of view even though they back up what they say - the cause-effect and actions make sense?

Did anything happen that made no common sense?
Haha! Nothing in this season needed a brain cell to figure out. I could tell what was going to happen after a couple of episodes. Easy storylines to figure out.

You're just going to have to accept that I personally did not like this season. :) You and others on here did, and that's cool. That's what's great about reviews and opinions, everyone has one and they're all different. Doesn't mean I don't like the actual series. I just didn't care for this specific season. :cool:

My hope is season 5 will be the best in the entire series!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Haha! Nothing in this season needed a brain cell to figure out. I could tell what was going to happen after a couple of episodes. Easy storylines to figure out.

You're just going to have to accept that I personally did not like this season. :) You and others on here did, and that's cool. That's what's great about reviews and opinions, everyone has one and they're all different. Doesn't mean I don't like the actual series. I just didn't care for this specific season. :cool:

My hope is season 5 will be the best in the entire series!
Well, I'm not debating whether we SHOULD like it or not. Nobody can argue that we SHOULD like something.

I'm debating what defines as "bad" writing. Do we all have to like something or agree with something for it to be "good" writing?

Or does good writing mean that the writer is able to "defend" their point of views and all the character's actions make common sense given their circumstance? Whether or NOT we agree/like their point of views (politics, religion, etc.).

For example, if the director/producer want Character-A to be depressed with a death-wish, as a writer my job is to make their actions believable and defend their point of view. As a fan, I might hate that and think that's the wrong direction for Character-A. But does it mean the writing is bad?

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis