The Book Of Boba Fett

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The whole Tusken Raider Pocahontas story arc with Boba Fett is just plain cheesy tho and I struggled to get through some of those...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The dialog is cheesy. The actor who plays Boba Fett doesnt know better but the actress who plays Fenec is struggling to deliver a little more. Her delivery was much better in Agents of Shield as she had more material to work with. The special effects are quite good as is the sound track. Over all, I find it entertaining.
There were so many callbacks and Easter eggs in episode 6 I was pretty much glued to the screen tryna pick 'em all out.

Luke training Grogu mirrored a lot of Luke and Yoda's training sequences, and the return of Cad Bane is huge! He and Boba Fett have history. A lot. Cad is who trained Boba to be a bounty hunter. Of course eventually there was a falling out and a showdown. A showdown where Cad is responsible for the famous dent on Boba's helmet. The show just got exponentially more interesting for long time fans of the Clone Wars series.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
First 3 or 4 episodes are a bit of a slog. Episodes 5 and 6 pulled me right back in.
I wonder why ep5 pulled you back, maybe because it is 99% another show altogether? ;)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Heh. All kinds of rumors as to why this show is floundering and they point to Kathleen Kennedy trying to destroy another legacy character to push THE MESSAGE. Her input on all things Star Wars has been greatly diminished as of late and the bean counters demanded that Boba Fett be 'fixed' because we're not going through with destroying another legacy character.

There's a scene early on in the Book Of Boba Fett where a group of vandals beat up on a moisture farmer then spray paint 2 symbols on the wall of his hut.

Screenshot_2022-02-09-07-55-05_copy_1024x640.png

Screenshot_2022-02-09-07-55-54_copy_1024x640.png

2 symbols from the fictional alphabet "Nal-Huttese" that translate to the letter K. Two K's. As in Kathleen Kennedy. As in Kathleen Kennedy is the bad guy vandalizing Star Wars properties.

Screenshot_2022-02-09-07-55-35_copy_1024x640.png

This on the heels of major rewrites to fix Boba Fett and keep his legacy intact. Clever symbolism or coincidence?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Episodes 5 and 6 are actually from season 3 of The Mandalorian. They stuck them in there because the original BoBB was something entirely different from what we ended up with. The whole show went through major rewrites and they couldn't do much in the way of reshoots. So they straight cut out a couple of episodes that couldn't be fixed and replaced them with episodes of Mando.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
They should have stuck with George's message. "Sell Toys!" just works.;) Disney managed to screw that up, too. Remember when you couldn't find a "Baby Yoda?" Now, they can't give 'em away. If you want to blame it on one individual, start with Boba Fett himself. I am enjoying the show, but Temuera Morrison has less charisma than a digitally rendered Hut. Disney has too many department heads and needs a boss with a big club. I'll be checking out at the end of my annual subscription. I let them slide in one delightfully animated mafia family when they put out "Encanto." Seriously, the family literally has a strong arm in the form of a family member who can lift anything and another one who can take the form of anybody which gives the family eyes and ears over the entire village. The villagers show their fear, um, appreciation in the form of protection mo.., um, tributes, um, gifts to the family.o_O Disney raised their prices and is giving the Kardashians a show. No, not the Cardassians. They would be over at Paramount+ with the other "Star Trek" shows.:D I like me some "Disney", "Marvel" and "Star Wars" shows and movies but I'm not spending more money so they can add more mafia families to the roster. Unless, of course, they make me an offer I can't refuse.:eek:

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
They should have stuck with George's message. "Sell Toys!" just works.;) Disney managed to screw that up, too. Remember when you couldn't find a "Baby Yoda?" Now, they can't give 'em away. If you want to blame it on one individual, start with Boba Fett himself. I am enjoying the show, but Temuera Morrison has less charisma than a digitally rendered Hut. Disney has too many department heads and needs a boss with a big club. I'll be checking out at the end of my annual subscription. I let them slide in one delightfully animated mafia family when they put out "Encanto." Seriously, the family literally has a strong arm in the form of a family member who can lift anything and another one who can take the form of anybody which gives the family eyes and ears over the entire village. The villagers show their fear, um, appreciation in the form of protection mo.., um, tributes, um, gifts to the family.o_O Disney raised their prices and is giving the Kardashians a show. No, not the Cardassians. They would be over at Paramount+ with the other "Star Trek" shows.:D I like me some "Disney", "Marvel" and "Star Wars" shows and movies but I'm not spending more money so they can add more mafia families to the roster. Unless, of course, they make me an offer I can't refuse.:eek:
I'm pretty sure BoBB is among the last of Star Wars properties that KK has/had influence over so hopefully going forward there will be better consistency, more focus on story and less focus on THE MESSAGE so I'm pretty hopeful. Ahsoka, Mando and Obi Wan are all being headed up by Favreau and Filoni, the guys behind the Clone Wars series and other competent well received spin offs, without KK being involved at all.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
And how much stock does George hold?;)
I have no clue? I have no clue what that has to to with what I'm talking about either, lol. George might have Favreau and Filoni's ears but he's not in charge of poop anymore so it's not really even relevant.

Dave Filoni was the showrunner for The Clone Wars series and a couple of other Star Wars titles from the early 2000s that were all well received and ran for a long time. A lot of the characters being introduced now, like Ahsoka, Fenec Shan and Cad Bane, are characters and storylines he created (with some input from George) almost 20 years ago. I'm starting to see these new series as a continuation of Clone Wars and that's a good thing.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I think it's 8 episodes.
Edit... sorry, I'm seeing 7 episode listed everywhere.

You do know how to Google or Duck, ya? :p

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Well, I polished this off my list last night.
Ended stronger. Needs help if S2 is going to be successful.

still haven’t dug into this Kennedy thing but am curious, I suppose. Anybody want to give me a one paragraph abstract? :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It was very clear e5 & 6 were Mando episodes. Story line completely changed and had almost nothing to do with BoBF, though you could sort of see where it was going to tie Mando in. Prior to them cutting those in, it had its moments, but overall was not doing it for me.

Disney seems to be doing what they did with the Disney Channel on cable. Relying on a few good items and then churning out a bunch of crap along side it.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
still haven’t dug into this Kennedy thing but am curious, I suppose. Anybody want to give me a one paragraph abstract? :)
GL appointed her the head of Lucasfilm right before selling with the idea that she would continue his vision for the property since they worked together for a very long time.

As soon as the deal was done Disney scrapped GL's outline for a new trilogy and put KK in creative control over Star Wars. Followed shortly by KK decanonizing a ton of stuff and saying...

6155bafb902497e974e1f139d42f5e65_copy_560x823.jpg

She trashed a bunch of source material and used the ip as a platform to push her ideology instead of focusing on making good Star Wars movies. She fired a handful of directors from various projects because of creative differences and completely divided the audience. There was no plan, no story arc for the sequel trilogies. They played it by ear and it's really apparent. There are rumors of a civil war of sorts going on at Lucasfilm, a split between camp KK and camp Favreau/Filoni. Star Wars has not done well with audiences under KK and there were Lucasfilm employees openly mocking and publicly insulting fans, even those who were respectful and had legit criticisms.

There's a new president in town tho, and the bean counters are involved now. Employees are no longer allowed to insult and mock fans, and the new attitude is customer comes first. Give the fans what they want. Imagine that. KK has been stripped of any creative control over Star Wars and remains as a figurehead more than anything now. Favreau and Filoni are now in charge, but there's still some residual cleanup on some stories which is why we got what we did with BoBF.

She is in charge of the new Indiana Jones movie now and I guess that production is in trouble too. She was having creative differences trouble again and was planning to take a dump on Indy to prop up her new character. The bean counters got wind of it, stepped in again and said no more. That movie has been pushed back 2 years now to retool the whole story.

She clearly and obviously tried to platform her ideology using a popular ip, crapped all over legacy characters and story arcs in the process and pissed off a lot of fans. For me it isn't that I have a problem with her ideology and likely even line up with her on a lot of stuff. Please don't take a beloved property and crap all over it just to push your agenda tho.

There's a good dose of rumor sprinkled in througout all of that, but there was definitely a memo sent to Lucasfilm employees that anyone seen insulting or mocking fans on Twitter or wherever else anymore can see themselves to the door.

Personally, I think she has some dirt on someone high up and that's why she hasn't been fired altogether.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I think it's 8 episodes.
Edit... sorry, I'm seeing 7 episode listed everywhere.

You do know how to Google or Duck, ya? :p
Keep forgetting. You guys have all the answers most of the time.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis