The best movies that never got a sequel

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Just the other day, I was thinking about the 80's cop movie Running Scared, with Gregory Hines and Billy Crystal. I thought that was a great movie, and I was waiting for a sequel for years.

What movies do you think they should have made a sequel of?

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
History of the World Part I is the first that came to mind....I'll have to think on this.:cool:

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
History of the World Part I is the first that came to mind....I'll have to think on this.:cool:
Good one. They even had a fake trailer at the end of the first one to make you think that a sequel was coming.

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
Unbreakable, i really liked this movie even though it seemed to have a slow start.. I wanted to see the super hero evolve. at the time I heard it was supposed to be a trilogy.

i'm sure there are more but this is the one that sticks in my mind

J

jamie2112

Banned
Johnny Dangerously...........Fast times At Ridgemont High

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Oh man Jamie! Johnny Dangerously...my friends an I still use some of the messed up "curse words"!:cool:

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
Three Days of the Condor - the end just left me hanging, and I know the book was Six Days of the Condor, so where are the other three days??

Ghostbusters 1 & 2 deserved a third IMO.

True Lies was set up for a sequel, but most people must not like that film as much as I do.

Maverick could have had a sequel as well, with Mel and his dad going to get the rest of their money back.

My list could go on forever, but any sequel should have to be done with the same cast and more so the director to keep me happy, and maybe even the same screen writer - and make sure George Lucas is very far away from it. We don't need any more Crystal Skulls... :D

EDIT: I am going to have to watch Johnny Dangerously now - I haven't seen it since I was a wee little fella.

EDIT 2: Oh yeah! How could I forget Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Last edited:
skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
Titanic, The Sequel?

Gone With The Wind II, Lincoln Surrenders?

The Wizard of Oz, The Rise of the Witch?

Phantom of the Opera II, featuring plastic surgery?

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
Master and Commander

I originally heard it was suppose to be a trilogy, and that there are many books around the story line. I love that movie on Blu-Ray, really exercises the ole system.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
True Lies was set up for a sequel, but most people must not like that film as much as I do.
I think most people liked True Lies. I was definitely pleasantly surprised by it. They were actually supposed to do a sequel, but then Arnold became governor of "Kaleefohnya" and wasn't able to do it. I know it's killing Tom Arnold. I'm sure he could use the money.

Gaigebacca

Gaigebacca

Audioholic
There is supposed to be a Ghostbusters III (Although Harold Ramis and Dan Akroyd planned on the new videogame acting as a third "movie" they wrote the script for it...). However there is a Ghostbusters planned for 2011 or 2012 I think...

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
Master and Commander

I originally heard it was suppose to be a trilogy, and that there are many books around the story line. I love that movie on Blu-Ray, really exercises the ole system.

YES, I was going to throw Master and Commander in as my choice, I want another...

I'm holding out for Jaws V where the shark can not only pursue the family's descendants across the country, it can even come up on land and kick their butts Matrix-style...

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I liked Return of the Jedi. My favorite Star Wars movie.

:)

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. ;)

Seriously though Strube, my favorite movie of all time is "Three Days of the Condor" and they had to condense the book for the movie. There was a semi sequel with Robert Redford called "Sneakers" different movie but same character for Redford. Max Von Sydow was awesome in that movie BTW.

Okay movies I want sequels to.

"Serenity" the firefly movie.
Another "Cube" movie to come out (one of the greatest hardly known "horror" movies to ever come out)
"Eragon" the movie just left you hanging, and since it did so poor, no sequel is planned.
"Office Space"
"Pan's Labyrinth" deserves another chapter to this great movie.
"3:10 to Yuma" - what does Russell Crowe do after boarding the train and calls his horse.
"The Prince of Darkness" a John Carpenter horror classic, that just ends, making you wonder when you look in a mirror, just what exactly is looking back from the other side.
"Big Trouble in Little China" bring Jack back and his "Porkchop Express" we saw the creature on the outisde of the truck, but nothing more.
"Shoot Em Up" with Clive Owen, this one needs a sequel.
"2060" Arthur C Clarke wrote the novel as a "conclusion" to 2001 and 2010, but no movie yet. His novel 3010 as a "finale".
"Remo Williams the adventure begins" Still waiting for it to continue.
"Equilebrium" cause we all need our fix of "Gun Kata (would love for this to be on Bluray)

I'm sure there are many more, but all I can think of right now.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis