The Avengers Blu-ray

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
Mine should be here tomorrow. Looks like it should be a GOOD one! Saw it in the theater and am really wanting to see it here!

"The Avengers features an astoundingly effective lossless DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 mix. For those of you who are new to high definition audio and wonder what all the fuss about "LFE" is about, pop The Avengers in your Blu-ray player and prepare to feel the might force of interstellar energy pulse through your very being. This is one of the most fantastically robust mixes I've personally experienced, one that keeps the low frequency effects coming from virtually the first second of the film, but which never overplays its hand, allowing the listener to catch a little "breathing room" before launching off on a new sonic attack. Immersion is simply perfectly handled. Spaceships whiz through the soundfield with clear panning action, various punches and bone cracking moves are perfectly placed around the surrounds, while at the same time dialogue is never sacrificed and rings through loudly and clearly. Particular attention has been paid to various ambient effects; notice Stark's "cloistered" sounding voice when he's inside his Iron Man suit, or the creepy, bass heavy tones (very reminiscent of Darth Vader) of Loki's Chitauri collaborator. Fidelity is sterling and dynamic range is amazing in this reference quality track."

The Avengers Blu-ray

Last edited by a moderator:
GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
This is one of the best looking blu rays I've ever seen, sharp, detailed, well saturated, and crystal clear. The audio is nothing to scoff at either, lots of surround and LFE going on, definitely one to add to the collection.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Mine should be here tonight - I'm looking forward to seeing it for the first time!

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Mine should be here this week too. Can't wait to try this one out.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Best Buy has the Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack on sale for $19.95 now*. That's hard to beat.

...got mine already. :)

* If someone reads this post next week or later, all bets are off.

H

Hocky

Full Audioholic
Grabbed it today. Target has it for $19.99, too, with an extra bonus material disc.

J

jvgillow

Full Audioholic
I did the $7 deposit a couple weeks ago at Best Buy to get the steelbook, going to buy a copy there this week.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My friend said the 3D set is $20 at Target. He also said he felt the movie was pretty average. I will pick it up just for the audio :)

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
That's an amazing price.

My friend said the 3D set is $20 at Target. He also said he felt the movie was pretty average. I will pick it up just for the audio :)
That's what they are selling the 2D Blue-Ray/DVD combo for, at least according to the weekly ad.

If that's what he paid, and he really, really wanted 3D, I hope he checks the package real carefully before opening it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That's what they are selling the 2D Blue-Ray/DVD combo for, at least according to the weekly ad.

If that's what he paid, and he really, really wanted 3D, I hope he checks the package real carefully before opening it.
Yeah, even Amazon has it for $24.99. I haven't checked Target yet, so I have a feeling it was for the 2D, but I told him I wanted the 3D and that's what he said. Target is pretty close to my house, so I will check tonight on the way home.

*edit, just checked and they have it listed as $19.99 on the website but it also says no longer available online.

http://www.target.com/p/marvel-s-the-avengers-4-discs-includes-digital-copy-3d-2d-blu-ray-dvd/-/A-14178666

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Amazon just matched the price, which means I can pick it up at Frys for the same price without waiting for it to arrive.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
May watch it tonight or tomm on Amazon Instant Video first before buying to see If I like it. Roku just added Vudo, but they want 5.99 for 7.1. Too bad amazon does not offer 7.1 that I know of.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
this is actually so clear that the CGI's look like they were pasted on

edit: my brain was still asleep when i typed the one before ... i was sleep foruming.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
this actually so clear that i can see where the CGI effects ...
Yes, this is now an issue. What they can get away with in the theater becomes more visible at home with today's quality large displays and players.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
wow ... i can't believe i typed that.

it completely trailed off ... and i probably subconsciously hit submit

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
wow ... i can't believe i typed that.

it completely trailed off ... and i probably subconsciously hit submit
That's what happens when your nose hits the keyboard in just the right place. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Was it a Scarlett scene or did the movie put you to sleep? Not a good sign if it can't keep you awake :)

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Was it a Scarlett scene or did the movie put you to sleep? Not a good sign if it can't keep you awake :)
I'll cut him a break here. AFAICT, it was about 6:30 AM over there when he typed that.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis