tmurnin

tmurnin

Full Audioholic
I've had several postings here over the last couple months about displays, speakers, receivers, etc. and gotten a lot of great advice from many of you, and now have finalized all my systems. Wanted to say thanks to all who took the time to provide such great advice. Here's what I ended up doing:

Home theater - 7.1.4 system. 82" Samsung Q8 display (new). Aperion Verus Grand front bookshelves and center (existing). Aperion Intimus bipole surrounds (existing) (placement isn't idea so wanted the bipole approach rather than directed surrounds). Aperion in-ceiling Atmos speakers (new). HSU VTF-2 sub (existing). Marantz SR6012 AVR (new). Oppo BDP-203, AppleTV4K, Sonos Connect. ATS Acoustics sound panels. AC Infinity receiver fan.

Family room - 5.1 system and whole-home audio. 59" Samsung plasma display (existing). Dynaudio Excite 14 and Excite 24 L/R/C (new) bookshelves. Jamo in-celing surrounds (existing). Anthem MRX-710 (existing). Oppo BDP-103, AppleTV. Speakercraft BB1235 distributed amp w/Sonos Connect

Two-channel basement lounge system. Panasonic VT-60 65" plasma display (existing). Salk SongTower L/R speakers (new). Denon X4100 AVR (existing), Marantz CD5005 CD player (new). Sonos Connect. Pro-Ject Debut Carbon turntable.

Cables are all either existing repurposed Blue Jean Cables or new Monoprice stuff. Unfortunately, I ran out of money before I could buy Transparent cables or cable stands or new power cables or that ferrite clamp thing that someone is pushing for $2k. x

I was able to get the Marantz AVR and the CD player from Accessories4Less at a great price as well as a good deal on the Dynaudios from a local dealer, so the cost of all this, while certainly not cheap, was manageable.

Really great experience dealing with ATS Acoustics who built a bunch of 24 x 36" acoustic panels that look like movie posters for me. They were great to work with and their products look really outstanding. If you need some acoustic room treatment, I'd highly recommend them.

Going forward, I'd like to add a second VTF-2 sub to my home theater but my budget needs a break for a while. I'll try and post some pics when I get a chance. Now I need to start enjoying some music and stop obsessing over equipment!

TechHDS

Audioholic General
I've had several postings here over the last couple months about displays, speakers, receivers, etc. and gotten a lot of great advice from many of you, and now have finalized all my systems. Wanted to say thanks to all who took the time to provide such great advice. Here's what I ended up doing:

Home theater - 7.1.4 system. 82" Samsung Q8 display (new). Aperion Verus Grand front bookshelves and center (existing). Aperion Intimus bipole surrounds (existing) (placement isn't idea so wanted the bipole approach rather than directed surrounds). Aperion in-ceiling Atmos speakers (new). HSU VTF-2 sub (existing). Marantz SR6012 AVR (new). Oppo BDP-203, AppleTV4K, Sonos Connect. ATS Acoustics sound panels. AC Infinity receiver fan.

Family room - 5.1 system and whole-home audio. 59" Samsung plasma display (existing). Dynaudio Excite 14 and Excite 24 L/R/C (new) bookshelves. Jamo in-celing surrounds (existing). Anthem MRX-710 (existing). Oppo BDP-103, AppleTV. Speakercraft BB1235 distributed amp w/Sonos Connect

Two-channel basement lounge system. Panasonic VT-60 65" plasma display (existing). Salk SongTower L/R speakers (new). Denon X4100 AVR (existing), Marantz CD5005 CD player (new). Sonos Connect. Pro-Ject Debut Carbon turntable.

Cables are all either existing repurposed Blue Jean Cables or new Monoprice stuff. Unfortunately, I ran out of money before I could buy Transparent cables or cable stands or new power cables or that ferrite clamp thing that someone is pushing for $2k. x

I was able to get the Marantz AVR and the CD player from Accessories4Less at a great price as well as a good deal on the Dynaudios from a local dealer, so the cost of all this, while certainly not cheap, was manageable.

Really great experience dealing with ATS Acoustics who built a bunch of 24 x 36" acoustic panels that look like movie posters for me. They were great to work with and their products look really outstanding. If you need some acoustic room treatment, I'd highly recommend them.

Going forward, I'd like to add a second VTF-2 sub to my home theater but my budget needs a break for a while. I'll try and post some pics when I get a chance. Now I need to start enjoying some music and stop obsessing over equipment!
Wow! Nice gear man! You definitely went on a major Roll! Nice!!

Mike

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Very nice. Dynaudio, Salk, Hsu, Aperion, you are on the right track. Those systems should all sound terrific.

Just imagine though, you can take it all to the next level when you get that ferrite clamp! Or you can just do what I did, I dumped a bag of marbles into my amplifier chassis. You see, the spherical shape of the marbles diffuses stray magnetic fields thereby restoring the voltage waves through stochastic quantum phase variance. Now my system sounds 110% better- when it works (sometimes it doesn't turn on anymore).

tmurnin

tmurnin

Full Audioholic
Very nice. Dynaudio, Salk, Hsu, Aperion, you are on the right track. Those systems should all sound terrific.

Just imagine though, you can take it all to the next level when you get that ferrite clamp! Or you can just do what I did, I dumped a bag of marbles into my amplifier chassis. You see, the spherical shape of the marbles diffuses stray magnetic fields thereby restoring the voltage waves through stochastic quantum phase variance. Now my system sounds 110% better- when it works (sometimes it doesn't turn on anymore).
I never thought of that. I notice a lot of marbles come from China these days where most Rare Earth minerals are also found. Do you think if I use Chinese marbles those minerals might flow into my body via the sound waves? I think I read something about that being good for you on Goop

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Do you think if I use Chinese marbles those minerals might flow into my body via the sound waves? I think I read something about that being good for you on Goop
Hmm, that might be possible. It would be like reverse acupuncture. If you can redirect the magnetic fields along your body's chi contours, I would guess that not only would it enhance your musical experience, but it would also reverse your body's aging process. If you used such a system in regulated doses, I don't see why it wouldn't effectively grant you immortality!

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
... Or you can just do what I did, I dumped a bag of marbles into my amplifier chassis. ...
Are these dampened marbles so they don't resonate in tune with the sound? Or, you are just lucky enough that your hearing is not that good to worry about those extra sounds.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Thought I'd add some pics of the theater and the 2-channel room. The theater obviously has a movie theme, while the 2-ch is in a room my wife decorated as a mid-century "lounge" approach.
Just a comment. Those thumbnail pictures are just way too small to enjoy properly. ;)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Nice setup, thanks for the follow-up!
I agree that bigger photos would be welcome!

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
… restoring the voltage waves through stochastic quantum phase variance.
I believe that should be

"restoring the voltage waves through quasi-stochastic quantum phase variance" :D

Last edited:
tmurnin

tmurnin

Full Audioholic
Here's the full image view - screwed up with the thumbnail post...

And I think you guys are missing the point with the marbles by questioning the quantum phasing. The real question should be whether the marbles come from organic materials, and are they locally sourced?

IMG_0418.jpg
IMG_0418.jpg
IMG_0419.jpg
IMG_0421.jpg
IMG_0422.jpg
IMG_0423.jpg
IMG_0424.jpg

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
The real question should be whether the marbles come from organic materials, and are they locally sourced?
Rare earth elements aside, only marbles made from material mined from objects in the Kuiper Belt will truly influence the electro magnetic field in any significantly measurable manner. Reports of of better sound and Chi alignment should pale in comparison to the results you will experience by filling your amps with matter bathed in Cosmic Background Radiation!
I have bags on sale: limited supplies!!! Act now. First 3 orders will receive a unique micro-singularity marble. Just put it in the middle of your toroidal transformer, sit back, and enjoy!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis