MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
IMG_1557.JPG

IMG_1558.JPG

Don't drive and text, the life you save could be mine. :eek:

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I live about three miles from where that accident occurred.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
We had a major one around where I live. Killed a church van full of people from my brother in law's church. Very sad.

My father in law is a state trooper so he gets to pull people over for this kind of stupidity all the time. The sad thing is that he agreed with me when I said I'd rather have drunk people on the road because they're at least LOOKING AT THE ROAD. We have a city ordinance that states that if you're even seen holding a phone in your car you can get up to a $500 fine.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
We had a major one around where I live. Killed a church van full of people from my brother in law's church. Very sad.

My father in law is a state trooper so he gets to pull people over for this kind of stupidity all the time. The sad thing is that he agreed with me when I said I'd rather have drunk people on the road because they're at least LOOKING AT THE ROAD. We have a city ordinance that states that if you're even seen holding a phone in your car you can get up to a $500 fine.
I think I can agree with you. It's sad how many angry looks you get when you tap the horn to let people know the light is green and has been green for some time and they should stop looking at their phone and drive. Cut it close a few times where someone was distracted by their phone and almost took me out.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I think I can agree with you. It's sad how many angry looks you get when you tap the horn to let people know the light is green and has been green for some time and they should stop looking at their phone and drive. Cut it close a few times where someone was distracted by their phone and almost took me out.
I don't just tap my horn in those cases, I blow the horn continuously until they move. One woman in the Bay Area got so mad at me when I did that she stopped at the intersection until the light turned yellow, and then blew through the intersection herself as it turned red, making a U-turn, ensuring that I would have to wait for another light cycle. As she passed by I gave her an additional gesture of my ill-will.

Wouldn't it be nice to have some sort of telekinesis power to cause four simultaneous blow-outs on a target vehicle?

Last edited:
MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
I don't just tap my horn in those cases, I blow the horn continuously until they move. One woman in the Bay Area got so mad at me when I did that she stopped at the intersection until the light turned yellow, and then blew through the intersection herself as it turned red, making a U-turn, ensuring that I would have to wait for another light cycle. As she passed by I gave her an additional gesture of my ill-will.

Wouldn't it be nice to have some sort of telekinesis power to cause four simultaneous blow-outs on a target vehicle?
The big problem is that person you made 'an additional gesture' of ill will, could have a gun.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
We have a city ordinance that states that if you're even seen holding a phone in your car you can get up to a $500 fine.
Wow! I don't know of any city ordinances like that!
It is a shame they can't get it as a state law (what I am used to for traffic rules).
I have occasionally thought about how cool it would be if a couple of high school students (who had a friend die from it) go around video taping people doing dumb stuff while texting and driving and putting it (including their license plate no) on YouTube.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Wow! I don't know of any city ordinances like that!
It is a shame they can't get it as a state law (what I am used to for traffic rules).
I have occasionally thought about how cool it would be if a couple of high school students (who had a friend die from it) go around video taping people doing dumb stuff while texting and driving and putting it (including their license plate no) on YouTube.
I like the idea, but think youtube's legal dept would have some problems with that idea.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I like the idea, but think youtube's legal dept would have some problems with that idea.
I don't know, I have seen plenty of dash cam footage on YouTube. Much of it is singling out crappy drivers. Maybe if it became big enough to get on their radar, but not this week.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis