S

Shel

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Test Tones with AVIA
I do not get the same readings on my SPL when using AVIA compared with internal test tones on my Denon 5800. Volume is set to 0. Can they be calibrated or should I just use AVIA?</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>The Avia is callibrated to 75db level whereas the internal tones in hyhour Denon are callibrated to a different level, same is the case with my Yamaha RXZ-1, I trust the Avia and I would suggest you do the same.</font>

S

srrndhound

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>The main thing you are calibrating with these test signals is the balance across all the main speakers, not so much the absolute loudness (you get to decide that when you play a movie). In that respect, the decoder's internal signal is perfectly accurate. If you see differences in loudness, that is of no consequence. If you see differences in balance between the two types of noise, that may be due to the differences in noise signal spectrum being affected by room/speaker response differences. The THX style narrow-band noise in the Denon receiver is ideal for balance calibration.</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis