Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

crashkelly

crashkelly

Full Audioholic
I thought last night's episode was pretty good as well, and yes a couple more hokey or questionable parts, but I to was entertained.

The setup is already there for John to get some from her. The first episode when he asked her about being a little different, she replied with a sultry look "Yes I am!" and bit down on the chip. If that ain't "Come and get me!" I don't know what is :D.

Yeah, if I was John in the future and sending a terminator back to my teenage self in the past, you better believe she would be hot. I mean better present can you give your past self. Right along the lines of "If I only knew then what I know now"

I think the show has quite a bit of potential but I do see where it has a limited life in the sense of how long can the prolong finding and destroying skynet. I see two seasons, maybe three, but I am pretty sure they will be entertaining.

Thaedium, thanks for the info. I am for sure going to watch FireFly. Saw it advertised when the series was running but never watched it.

Cheers all
Michael

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
and did you guys notice that the actress who played Sarah Connor was the Queen in the movie 300? (I didn't til I looked at imdb)
Really? No wonder she looks so familiar...thanks for info.

Edit: last nite was a pretty good episode. I missed the first one..bummer

majorloser

majorloser

So far, so good.

The first two episodes were pretty good. Let's hope they can keep it up.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
I think the show has quite a bit of potential but I do see where it has a limited life in the sense of how long can the prolong finding and destroying skynet. I see two seasons, maybe three, but I am pretty sure they will be entertaining.

Thaedium, thanks for the info. I am for sure going to watch FireFly. Saw it advertised when the series was running but never watched it.

Cheers all
Michael

The Fugitive, one guy looking for a one-armed man with one man chasing him (boring), ran for 4+ seasons and this is a much superior production. But we'll see. A sci-fi series can be a fickle mistress. The loss of Firefly after one season is a prime example. 'Twas a great show with lots of promise and done by talented staff. So who knows......

I like the new show...but then again I liked Santa Clause Versus the Aliens. :)

crashkelly

crashkelly

Full Audioholic
The Fugitive, one guy looking for a one-armed man with one man chasing him (boring), ran for 4+ seasons and this is a much superior production. But we'll see. A sci-fi series can be a fickle mistress. The loss of Firefly after one season is a prime example. 'Twas a great show with lots of promise and done by talented staff. So who knows......

I like the new show...but then again I liked Santa Clause Versus the Aliens. :)
I agree. one day someone may just say "Done!" and it is done. No reason, just done and it is gone.

Cheers
Michael

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
I want so bad to like this series, and caught about half of the last-aired episode. I am afraid that sometimes things are best when done in moderation and then left alone. I thought the third movie was hokey, so I didn't expect much going into the series, which is why I've half paid attention to it.

For me, there was (and is) only one Sarah Connor, and SHE is definitely a badass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
I would gladly trade this current series in for another season of Firefly. How Sci-Fi channel could muck up Firefly so badly is beyond me.
Firefly was originally on Fox. They totally screwed Joss Whedon who had (at the time) a proven track record with Buffy and Angel.

crashkelly

crashkelly

Full Audioholic
I want so bad to like this series, and caught about half of the last-aired episode. I am afraid that sometimes things are best when done in moderation and then left alone. I thought the third movie was hokey, so I didn't expect much going into the series, which is why I've half paid attention to it.

For me, there was (and is) only one Sarah Connor, and SHE is definitely a badass.

Yes, there is only one Sarah Connor and SHE is a bad ***.

I knew going in that it would not be the movie, but I still find it very entertaining and good just the same, it is just different.

Hopefully the the series Sarah Connor will start kicking some you know what real soon. There have been snippets of it, more is better.

Cheers
Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Yes, there is only one Sarah Connor and SHE is a bad ***.

I knew going in that it would not be the movie, but I still find it very entertaining and good just the same, it is just different.

Hopefully the the series Sarah Connor will start kicking some you know what real soon. There have been snippets of it, more is better.

Cheers
Michael
Now I am beginning to wonder how the future knows that their missions to eliminate Sarah and son keep failing?:D Do they have a visual to the past?

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I have mixed feelings about it. I watched both episodes mainly because Summer Glau is on the show. It hasn't really impressed me so far but it usually takes time for a series to find its legs. I thought Firefly took a while for me to really care about the characters and then when that happened it got cancelled. I don't think I've watched anything on Fox since then except NFL games.

I guess I will give it time but I'm not really optimistic that it won't degenerate into a killer robot of the week sort of thing.

Jim

crashkelly

crashkelly

Full Audioholic
Now I am beginning to wonder how the future knows that their missions to eliminate Sarah and son keep failing?:D Do they have a visual to the past?
They, the terminators in the future, have the box set of the series on optical disc so they know how long the series lasted. :D

Just kidding. They would just have to look at the history archives and see when the references to Sarah Connor, or any of her aliases, John Connor, or any of his aliases, stopped. The FBI, even after they, Sarah, John, and the female terminator, travelled trough time to 2007, are still only a few steps behind so the references in "history" would be plentiful.

Just a thought
Michael

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
I watched it again tonight.

Two thumbs up!!

It's staying on my DVR record list:cool:

Polygon

Polygon

Audioholic
I enjoyed it as well. I thought it was going to be cheesy, but it was ok.

And the "good" terminator chick...she was the sister/***-kicker in the Firefly series and their movie, Serenity. I highly recommend both. Excellent entertainment, imo. I can't believe they were cancelled so quickly. It was a truly great show.
You have Fox to thank for that.

CaliHwyPatrol

CaliHwyPatrol

Audioholic Chief
Summer is hotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!

I missed the beginning episode though... I've been trying to get home early enough to catch it but no dice.

G

Gasman

Senior Audioholic
I have mixed feelings about it. I watched both episodes mainly because Summer Glau is on the show. It hasn't really impressed me so far but it usually takes time for a series to find its legs. I thought Firefly took a while for me to really care about the characters and then when that happened it got cancelled. I don't think I've watched anything on Fox since then except NFL games.

I guess I will give it time but I'm not really optimistic that it won't degenerate into a killer robot of the week sort of thing.

Jim
Reading through this whole thread, Jim is the only one that shares my sentiments on this show.
I also only watched it because of Summer (who, BTW, is not all that hot - but there is something cute about her).
I really wish she had taken more lead time on the show 'The 4400' (which VERY SADLY was canceled). But was another show, that clearly shows that she can not act, or rather very minimal acting ability.

I know some of you fellows are going to disagree, with saying she is hot, and she can act, but be honest..
Those feelings for her, are just carried over from Firefly/Serenity (whis was a great show, IMO, but not 'THE GREATEST').

Summer is hotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!

I missed the beginning episode though... I've been trying to get home early enough to catch it but no dice.
No worries, it is a show that can be missed, and picked up 3 episodes later.
The story line is simplistic at best.
Somewhat entertaining, so if you do get a chance to see the prior episodes, then by all means watch them.
But I would not worry that much about them (the only thing you really missed, is they went 10 years into the future, mainly due to Sarah's cancer)

And if you are a lover of the movies, they are nothing alike, there have already been tons of holes in the show when using the timeline basis of the movies.

my .02

Side note:
On the '4400', this IMO was a much better SciFi show, and actually had the networks ratings the highest they ever were. Yet was canceled to make room for the new programming to get a chance for a leg to stand on.
(yes I know CBS - Fox is different, but would HAVE glady gave up watching the new shows to keep this one, like Psych, Burn Notice, heck cancel Monk...)
*SciFi.com reports that fans of the show are mounting a campaign to resurrect the series: sending petitions and sunflower seeds to SciFi and USA Network president Bonnie Hammer

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
I've been watching this as well, it's not amazing but it's entertaining and may hold some promise.

Summer Glau is the the woman from the series 'Firefly' and the Movie 'Serenity'.

I would gladly trade this current series in for another season of Firefly. How Sci-Fi channel could muck up Firefly so badly is beyond me.
Sci-Fi had nothing to do with the death of Firefly, Fox was the one that carried and canned it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis