Temp range to store Vinyl Records

DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
Hi guys ,
My music listening room is up stairs and My vinyl is stored in what was his and hers closets. No doors just full length drapes to cover opening . My audio equipment is stored in the same place. I picked up a wall thermometer to keep a eye on summer temps. My question is at what temp should I store them down stairs to a cooler temp. I store them vertical and in two stands that support records front and backsides. It can climb to high 80-90 degrees F during mid summer. I was going to pull them at mid 80's F . What is your range you guys safely store your records ? I only have like 40 records to move so its not that bad of a chore to move them.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
why not air condition, I can't imagine sitting listening to music in those kind of temps.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi guys ,
My music listening room is up stairs and My vinyl is stored in what was his and hers closets. No doors just full length drapes to cover opening . My audio equipment is stored in the same place. I picked up a wall thermometer to keep a eye on summer temps. My question is at what temp should I store them down stairs to a cooler temp. I store them vertical and in two stands that support records front and backsides. It can climb to high 80-90 degrees F during mid summer. I was going to pull them at mid 80's F . What is your range you guys safely store your records ? I only have like 40 records to move so its not that bad of a chore to move them.
I would make a move at 80.

DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
why not air condition, I can't imagine sitting listening to music in those kind of temps.
Temp is higher in closet area . Roof line is not raised in closet area .. Took my dedicated 120Volt line from my Air conditioner to power my Audio electronics .. Main room stays around 75-80 0n hot days. I would rather sweat than listen to air conditioner. I went through 5 ceiling fans to find a quiet one that I could stand.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've generally lived in cooler climes and generally no air conditioning, but have carted my collection around for a long time in a variety of conditions overall. No issues even in the 80-90 range which they've done fine in, and fwiw always stored on edge (rather than laid flat). Can't think I've ever heard someone's summer home environment ruined a vinyl record.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis