Ted Denney Synergistic Research Slander of Audioholics

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Guys;

I'm really on the fence on what to do about this guy Ten Denny whom I've never met or ever talked about his products. He's having fun rubbing it in my face that I started a GoFundMe to keep the Audioholics business going while our advertisers are temporarily shut down and I'm recovering from over a month long personal battle with COVID-19.

His entire facebook cover page is dedicated to my situation including driving his Ferrari and mocking me and making libel claims that the Feds had to shut down my website in 2009 for disparaging his products. He's also going on local Audio Facebook Groups with his cronies claiming my advertisers bailed on me because I "stabbed them in the back". I collected screenshots of all of this from someone kind enough to send to me before they were taken down.

I could expose this very publically via Audioholics editorial and social media or even consult with a lawyer for slander. But is it really worth giving this guy more attention he so desperately desires?

3/30/21 Update: Ted Denney continues to harass me and threaten my business. Here is the editorial that documents everything that has transpired over the last year with him.

Synergistic Research Slander of Audioholics

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ted is probably the biggest asshole in audio these days, just a slimy snake oil salesman. I saw one of his comments about AH earlier posted on Audio Bullshit about his claim how well he's doing (not the website thing), just typical Ted. If it's actionable that would be nice if someone took him to court for something (too bad its not for his phony products, tho).

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Guy seems like a first class toolbag and troll from what I've seen of his posts.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I can think of two different and opposing ways to respond.
  • Never wrestle with a turd. Winning or loosing makes no difference, you still end up covered with sh!t.
  • Go talk to a lawyer.
  • See post #13 below.

Last edited:
R

rollinrocker

Audioholic
I clicked on his FB page. it's apparent he suffers from TTS...Tiny Tube Syndrome

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
These responses just can never be topped. I'm still laughing at this, despite how disturbing this situation is.

don-fb.jpg

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
In my opinion, worthy of ridicule in social media, but not worth a front page editorial. Probably not worth engaging a lawyer for slander as guys like this never have as much money as they pretend (see current president). To be honest, he is such small potatoes that nothing he says could merit any time or energy at all. That is time better spent on creating good content or spending time with your family, if you are able.

tesseract

tesseract

Audioholic
Hey, Gene.

I'm sorry this idiot decided to target you. Understand, he likes to try to stand on others so that he can feel a little taller. If there is anything I can do to assist you with this, Gene, just let me know.

I've experienced the same thing with this guy. I'm on the spectrum and he likes to introduce it, repeatedly, into audio discussions. Even started a thread about it. Complained he is being attacked by "autistics". Has posted about me on his Facebook page, too. Told people I assaulted him. Was real nice of the "assaulter" to leave his business card, eh? Hilarious. Sad.

I have tons of these types of screenshots, some from one of his employees, too.

Attachments

Last edited:
M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Copyright might be the best cause of action.

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
It’s a shame to see people like this out in the world. You’ll make the right choice Gene. Whatever it may be, no one here will disagree or look down upon you, I’m sure.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
It's sad, to think that he has so many stupid customers that he makes enough money to afford a skid row apartment, never mine some kind of exotic car (or kit car).

I think I would contact a lawyer- might be able to get him to feel the pain from his stupidity.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Now that I've read those screenshots provided by tesseract, I've changed my previous post. The only appropriate thing to do is ignore that turd. Don't step on it. Just walk away.
I can think of two different and opposing only one way to respond.
  • Never wrestle with a turd. Winning or loosing makes no difference, you still end up covered with sh!t.
  • Go talk to a lawyer.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah... he's a scumbag. I had to click away from his fb page before I ended up covered in turd...

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
You should have apologized to him, Gene.

In person.

About 3 weeks ago.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Guys a douche , probably suffers from 'penis envy' ...........

Swerd is right, why lower yourself to his level of scum

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
My .02 is that honesty and integrity mean more than fancy cars, etc. (assuming TD actually owns a fancy car, which seems doubtful).

I have zero respect for people like TD.

For the most part, legal action is about recovering damages. In my experience, most people who initiate legal action out of anger are ultimately unhappy with the results due to the time and money involved. It's best to have realistic goals and expectations going in.

Of course, there are plenty of lawyers who will take on a case motivated by anger, regardless of the likely outcome. As long as they collect their fees they are happy.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
My .02 is that honesty and integrity mean more than fancy cars, etc. (assuming TD actually owns a fancy car, which seems doubtful).

I have zero respect for people like TD.

For the most part, legal action is about recovering damages. In my experience, most people who initiate legal action out of anger are ultimately unhappy with the results due to the time and money involved. It's best to have realistic goals and expectations going in.

Of course, there are plenty of lawyers who will take on a case motivated by anger, regardless of the likely outcome. As long as they collect their fees they are happy.
Nah I'm done with him. It appears he took down all his posts. I'll be happy IF I never hear from him again. Hopefully he spends more time driving his Ferarri and less time trolling people.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Nah I'm done with him. It appears he took down all his posts. I'll be happy IF I never hear from him again. Hopefully he spends more time driving his Ferarri and less time trolling people.
more importantly , how are you feeling ?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis