res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
I just found a couple of Technic SB-T200 speakers in my basement.

I don't think they have been used in awhile...

But: are they any good? I checked up on a couple websites and there are some reviews by forum users... however, I don't trust any other forums.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
This is beyond creepy. I was at my friend's house today and we too found an old pair of Technics SB-A28s in his basement. I was kind of interested in hearing them for the fun of it but the fella didn't have any speaker wire or wire strippers to set them up with.

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
I've hooked them up and thus far they seem fairly decent... Great treble but absolutely no bass response. They don't look too bad, either.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I checked up on a couple websites and there are some reviews by forum users... however, I don't trust any other forums.
Reviews are for people interested in buying something they don't have experience with, or no capacity to test them in their homes before buying.

Since you already have the speakers, "trusting" the reviews is irrelevant. Trust your ears.;)

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
If you like them - then use them. If you don't - then donate them.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I've hooked them up and thus far they seem fairly decent... Great treble but absolutely no bass response. They don't look too bad, either.
Those were my original speakers before I upgraded to the PSBs. What do you mean they have no bass response?? Where are they placed? I remember them pushing alot of bass but on the boomy side. I remember hearing the bass from Richard Strauss "Also Sparcht Zaratustra" ( the theme music for "Space Oddessy 2001" I felt and heard a rumble and realized that it was the speakers. Bass shy they aren't. I did like the looks of them. Other then sloppy bass, my other bet peeve as they didn't have any out rigger feet and they alway sleaned forwards a bit on the carpet. I had to use door wedges to tilt them back. If they are free and you like use them until you can save up for better speakers.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis