S

SKINNER

Junior Audioholic
Okay, I'd like to order some TechFlex so that I can ensure clean wiring while hooking up my AVR635. My question is, what size to buy? I have multiple areas requiring it:

-Receiver to Wall Plate - 4 channels audio 12/2 gauge (LF, RF, LR, RR). Can I bunch this all together?

-Receiver to Wall Plate - 2 channels audio to Zone 2 12/2 gauge.

-Wall to Towers - 12/2 gauge 10' long (2 seperate runs)

Thanks!

3beanlimit

Junior Audioholic
Sure, you could bunch it all together, but since it's speaker cable, I'm not sure why you would want the hassle of pulling it all through tech flex..

For the 4 channel, I'd guess that you could get it all in around 7/8 diameter tech flex. To be on the safe side, maybe inch...

For the wall to towers? 3/8 inch should be plenty. I suppose that for the WAF this one might make sense....A dressed up look since they are visible.

If you don't see the wire from receiver to the wall, just use velcro wraps to keep them neat...

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
I'd grab some bulk FlexoWrap techflex. You have to use a hot knife to cut it, but it has velco on one side so you can sneak cables in and out easily. I've used in laboratory computer installs and it looks great and serves its purpose of management very well. You can get it here:

http://www.westlake-electronic.com/cgi-bin/store.php?search=Search&search_sent=1&keywords=techflex&and=0&category=all&SUBCAT=all&user_rows=&available_only=1&order_by=&order_direction=0

Look down towards the bottom of the page for the techflex with Velcro. You would only need the 3/4" wrap, and at MOST the 1.25". FlexoWrap stretches pretty well to cover any big connectors inside. You can see the manufacturer's product page here:

http://techflex.com/prod_FWN.asp

J

JasonATI

Audiophyte
I picked some up from cableorganizer.com they have all sorts of colors and styles, and tell you the range it will stretch.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis