OttoMatic

OttoMatic

Senior Audioholic
(very loud) at one point the speakers sounded fine but i tripped a breaker. Is there anything available to get constant power to the amp? I have noticed that the display with flicker at times as well.
Hi Justin,

If you tripped a breaker, there's not much you can do aside from moving your high-power devices to separate circuits. I would probably start with separating amplifiers, as they are definitely going to consume the most power when used at high volume; preamps, processors, DVD players, etc. will consume negligible power when compared to amps.

If, like me, most of your stuff is in one room, you might have trouble actually accomplishing this. My whole living room is on a single circuit. If you are going to be playing at those levels on a regular basis, I would consider dropping in at least one, new, 20 A circuit for your system. Indeed, I am considering it for my own room. It may or may not be an easy job, depending on a number of factors, but it's really the best and most appropriate way to fix that problem.

Good luck!

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Additional question.....

My subwoofer (Velodyne Accoustics 15" Subwoofer DLS-5000R) specs are 1000 watts can this be run through a multi channell power amplifier or a mono block amplifier to get more power? My initial thought is "no" but similar to my concerns about my Energy 5.1 setup the sub just doesn't seem to have the power or low end bass that i would have expected.

I have (8) 10" subs in my car (i know a lil overboard) can this Velodyne Subwoofer put out the bass i am looking for? Considering this is a recent purchase i'm sure i can return it if you guys recommend something better?

Thanks again,

Justin
You will not gain anything if you add an external amp to that sub as you would have to use the speaker level outs that would limit the input signal.

I think your expectation may be unrealistic comparing that sub to the car setup. What you need is more subs in the home. Try 4 of those 15" subs, or a number of 18".
Also, with the external amp on your other speakers, the sub, be prepared to have premature hearing loss if you don't already have it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis