Teac PD H500 / 500i /500c CD player

J

Jools

Audiophyte
Hello guys,
This is my first post here.
I am looking to buy a Teac PD H500 CD player.
I notice that there are 3 variants of the PDH 500.
PD H500
PD H500 i
PD H500 c

Please could someone tell me the difference between the 3 models and also which one is the newest model.

I've looked all over the Internet and can't find this information. (the question was once asked on the Teac forum, but remained unanswered, the tread went off - topic).

Thanks in advance for any help or info.

Kind Regards
Jools

S

Slack9410

Audiophyte
It's hard to know the differences between the models without more information from the manufacturer. However, it's possible that the "i" and "c" models may have additional features or connectivity options compared to the standard PD H500 model. Without official information, it's hard to say for sure. As for the newest model it's hard to say as well without official release date or information from the manufacturer. I suggest you contact Teac's customer service for more information about these models and also about the availability of the newest model.

J

Jools

Audiophyte
It's hard to know the differences between the models without more information from the manufacturer. However, it's possible that the "i" and "c" models may have additional features or connectivity options compared to the standard PD H500 model. Without official information, it's hard to say for sure. As for the newest model it's hard to say as well without official release date or information from the manufacturer. I suggest you contact Teac's customer service for more information about these models and also about the availability of the newest model.
Thanks for your reply, however these are vintage models 20 / 30 years old so there is no way that there is availability on any of these models, they were discontinued decades ago. I believe Teac were a subsidiary of a larger Japanese company and the 'Teac' brand was 'sold off' some years ago.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Hello guys,
This is my first post here.
I am looking to buy a Teac PD H500 CD player.
I notice that there are 3 variants of the PDH 500.
PD H500
PD H500 i
PD H500 c

Please could someone tell me the difference between the 3 models and also which one is the newest model.

I've looked all over the Internet and can't find this information. (the question was once asked on the Teac forum, but remained unanswered, the tread went off - topic).

Thanks in advance for any help or info.

Kind Regards
Jools
This might get you started : https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/teac/pd-h500.shtml

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Curious, why would you want such an old cd player?

S

SpriteFeedback

Audiophyte
Bit late to this particular party but i recently picked up the PD-H500C and i got it because the form factor works for the space i have and i have the matching set.

From what i understand the 'i' was the first upgrade with some new internals then the 'c' was released and can read CDR and CDRW. Mine has been able to read anything i have thrown at it.

There is another looong thread about the whole reference series by TEAC if anyone was interested. TEAC Reference Series Thread

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis