TCL has obtained the rights to use Onkyo brand for Video Products

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
Just posted in Hong Kong...
TCL Multi-Media, a major supplier of inexpensive displays has obtained the right to use the Onkyo brand on Smart TVs and other video products. Gibson Corp. who controls the Onkyo, Pioneer(home products) brands is having severe financial issues so they cut this deal to raise $ to help pay down their debt. @ this time there is no mention how this affects the Pioneer brand. More updates will be advised once they are released by TCL..

Just my $0.02...

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
And so goes the trail of companies laying along the roadside, because Henry couldn't stop spending money. Now, Guitar Center is looking at filing, which will be a huge blow to Gibson AND Fender. It never should have reached this point.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
And so goes the trail of companies laying along the roadside, because Henry couldn't stop spending money. Now, Guitar Center is looking at filing, which will be a huge blow to Gibson AND Fender. It never should have reached this point.
It seems that Gibson is already in big trouble. Crazy that so many businesses are having so much trouble.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
It seems that Gibson is already in big trouble. Crazy that so many businesses are having so much trouble.
They have been in trouble for a long time- Henry has just been able to keep a step ahead of his creditors and by adding assets, it looked like they could have done OK, on paper. With the accounts receivables from GC/Musician's Friend, it's likely that bankruptcy is a real possibility unless someone shoves him aside, takes over and throws a ton of money at it. Gibson canned a lot of long-time employees not long ago and that was one of the signs they were in real trouble.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis