E

Exit

Audioholic Chief
God & Scientology</SPAN></SPAN>
The Church of Scientology states that it has no set dogma on God and allows individuals to come to their own understanding of God.</SPAN></SPAN>[SUP][10]</SPAN>[/SUP]

Scientology describes itself as a religion that was founded in the 1950s by L. Ron Hubbard.</SPAN>
</SPAN>
Scientology describes itself as a religion but by definition it really is not. The American Heritage Dictionary describes religion as primarily the "belief in and reverence for a supernatural power recognized as the creator and governor of the universe." Scientology does not fit the basic dictionary definition of a religion because God is an optional belief in whatever you think is god. Come on people, everyone knows you learn about God in the Bible - it is not whatever you think is ok as a part of a pseudo-religion. I hope these people are not classified as a church and getting over on society with tax breaks too. Just because some sci-fi writer named L. Ron Hubbard strings together a bunch of bull crap, calls it a religion and stupid Hollywood actors fall for the scam does not make it real or worth thinking about. This sounds like trendy California believe whatever you want pseudo-religious popular non-sense that stupid idiots sign up for and "church" leaders get into your brain and brainwash you into a bunch of potentially dangerous lies and have fun messing with your head. Now Tom Cruise, yea he is stupid enough to believe in this bull crap and just because he looks good and makes a ton of money doesn't mean he has much of a brain enough to think for himself. It is kind of like real life "Dumb and Dumber."
</SPAN></SPAN>
Oh, it looks like the IRS granted them church status in 1993 so all the derogatory things you think about the IRS are probably true because they don't look to bright by this. Looks like us taxpayers are financially subsidizing this bull crap because of our great government, which is equally stupid about this. The stupid thing doesn't fit the definition of a religion and our government can't seem to figure out what words mean.
</SPAN></SPAN>
10. </SPAN></SPAN>^</SPAN></SPAN> http://www.scientology.org/faq/scientology-beliefs/what-is-the-concept-of-god-in-scientology.html</SPAN></SPAN>

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Scientology is just as valid as any other religion or belief system. I don't think taxpayers should be subsidizing any religious organizations either way.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I admit - I miss threads about religion. Well, the ones that were respectful. They always got me thinking. Not that, "check out page 50 of your manual," doesn't get my juices flowing :D, but I enjoyed the conversations. Too bad those aren't allowed anymore.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
This discussion reminded me of an article I read recently:

Scientology in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

German domestic intelligence services have monitored the organization's activities.
The German government does not recognize Scientology as a religion. It views it as an abusive business masquerading as a religion.

Last edited by a moderator:
psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
My best friend is a religious republican. I am the opposite of both. We argue more about where to fish or what course to play than we do politics and religion. I've learned many things from him and our conversations. Yes we've had discussions where we both walk away shaking our heads, but we respect each others beliefs, or non beliefs...
I'm the type of person that will talk to anyone. Talk to, not at, and I like knowing about other culture's and religions. So I "most" always welcome a good conversation on any topic. But that's just me.

I also tend to look at being wrong as a good thing. If I'm proven wrong, at least I've learned something.

I know,kinda off topic. But there wasn't enough about me in this thread...:D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis