Target Gets the iPad, But Not Online

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Target has finally begun selling all six models of Apple's iPad, and is pimping the new product on the cover of its weekly advertising circular (we got one in our Sunday paper). It's also on the front page of their online store/website. Since Target has over 1700 stores in the U.S., the retail presence for Apple's new laptop-killer device has just skyrocketed. It will be interesting to see if this gives the company a significant bump, or if the Target crowd isn't going to be too quick to shell out the$499 required for the entry-level Wi-Fi only model.

Discuss "Target Gets the iPad, But Not Online" here. Read the article.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I would have expected to see this at Wal-Mart before Target for the simple fact that Wal-Mart has been bolstering their electronic's department to become more competitive with Best Buy and comparable big box stores.

majorloser

majorloser

Walmart would want a significant discount on the product before they'd sell it.

But since the iPad is now available through other sources, it just makes me curious if the next generation Maxi-iPad will be an Apple exclusive.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Apperantly the ipad is not the flop as some predicted it would be. Apps, it all about apps. Apps or lack of is the main reason Atari never survived the home gaming market once Nintendo came on the scene. I still don't have a use for one but others seem to love it.

majorloser

majorloser

The apps are nice, but if they add USB support for peripheral devices, I'll be sold.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis