Taking a new direction and need some help

N

Nexus221

Audiophyte
Well things always seem to change. I am going to start considering something different from my original post and need some help with my choice.

I have a $1500 budget just to spend on Speakers and a sub woofer.

I have heard great things about HSU and Outlaw but I want to be able to hear them.

1. So my first question is what speaker and sub setup would you buy? I listen to about 40% music 60% HT

2. Also where can I go to hear HSU and Outlaw Subwoofers? The closest city to me is Fort Wayne Indiana.

Any advice is much appreciated!:)

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
For HSU, most likely you will have to order the sub you want and test it out, you have time to send it back and get a full refund...

I was in your position not long ago, I listened to everything I could get my hands on, sent a few speakers back, and ended up with
Ascend 340 fronts and ascent 200 surrounds, for the sub I got a vtf2 from HSU.. I spent around $1800 on the 5.1 before electronics, but I have heard systems 3 times that cost that can not touch what I have in volume, clarity, warmth, ect.... The HSU vtf2 fills my room with sounc effortlessly, I have it turned way down and it will shake my house apart...

N

Nexus221

Audiophyte
I have Heard such Great things about the Ascend series. I have a 20Lx12Wx7H Room. I am kinda on the fence about a few options. Those Ascend Series seem great but this Deal on Hybrid 3 - 5.1 Package for $1600 shipped with a VTF 3 MK4 sub seems ridiculous for the price. Than again I have never heard them before so I am wondering if it would be better to match the sub up with another set.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Its going to depend on your ears, I personally feel the HSU HB-1 were bright and fatiguing at high volumes.. Dont get me wrong their subs are my favorite, but I demoed their speakers and I wasn't impressed.. The ascends are much better... Especially the 340s... I honestly don't know what it is, but they are just realistic... But this is just my opinion... I chose the ascends, you would probably be happy wither way, they are all great products..

N

Nexus221

Audiophyte
Anyone tested out the HSU 5.1 hybrid 3 package for $1369? It seems like a really great deal for what you get. Seems like people really like it for the most part but than others describe the Ascend series as being very good as well. Also after pouring over the forums I come across people falling in love with the KEF Q300 and Q600 which look like they would be out of the price range. Are they really that much better or does it come down to personal preference at that point?

pddufrene

pddufrene

Audioholic
No matter what way u go its all gonna come down to personal preference. I just bought some pioneer speakers for $400 that's l&r tower speakers, center and rear surrounds. And they sound amazing for the price, it might have something to do with the guy that designed them, but anyway it all comes down to what u think and like in the end. Because of my choice in speakers I still have $800 left for my sub to finish it off. ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis