Tablet recommendations

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I find I hate any new windows but after a few days I don't even notice the difference..... kind of like muscle memory, a new pistol is so hard to start shooting but after a few boxes of ammo, it feels like home...

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Recused myself from this discussion... (but good call, ParadigmDawg).

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
IdeaPad Yoga 11S.
Ah ... very nice, like to hear your overall impressions of it once you get used to Win 8.1.
I've been waiting for this "convertible" market to mature a bit and will likely replace my old laptop with one.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
It would help if I knew the slightest thing about computers, you think I would catch on to a little bit by now.

One thing that keeps happening is that all the sudden I can't get onto the internet. It shows my router and a good signal and then a prompt comes up and says something about checking my proxy server.

The setting of "manual proxy setup" will show "use a proxy server" and it will be on yes. I will change it to "no" and can get back online but it has changed itself back to "yes" a few times and then I can't get online.

I have no idea what a proxy server is or does nor what I should set it on.
Ah ... very nice, like to hear your overall impressions of it once you get used to Win 8.1.
I've been waiting for this "convertible" market to mature a bit and will likely replace my old laptop with one.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
So I never really got use to windows 8 and it just bugged me so I took the Yoga back and purchased a Samsung Note Pro. It has mixed reviews but I seem to love it as it's just like a really big version of my phone.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
So I never really got use to windows 8 and it just bugged me so I took the Yoga back and purchased a Samsung Note Pro. It has mixed reviews but I seem to love it as it's just like a really big version of my phone.
I'm sure the Note Pro is pretty similar to my Note 8 and I've been pretty happy with it. Even though the thing is only a slightly larger version of my phone :D

H

hizzaah

Full Audioholic
Is that the one with the 12.2" display? I've been looking at that one and the Note 10.1 2014 edition. Any problems come up with it so far?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Is that the one with the 12.2" display? I've been looking at that one and the Note 10.1 2014 edition. Any problems come up with it so far?
Yes, it is the new one with the 12.2" display. I had it on a real business trip, to Colorado, all week and I really liked it. No issues at all and did everything I needed it to do.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis