sysytem calibration

S

singhal2

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#0000FF'>hi all, i recently acquired a radioshack digital spl meter more because an &quot;audiophile&quot; pal of mine told me that it was an absolute for calibrating my HT ( yamaha rxv 640, yamaha NS555,ns515c,ns515rear,sw320),now this guy has left the country and i am stuck with &quot; how do i use this thing ? &quot; so people please can someone help me by sending me the details, i first would like to know why do i need the spl meter in the first place and i remember he had said something like calibrate your speakers to 80db....i need an absolute basic step by step explanation on how to do the HT calibration

singhal2</font>

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
<font color='#000000'>Set the meter to c weighting and 70 on the DB scale. Set your receivers volume to the 0 db level setting, which is a little more than half way up on most receivers. Turn on the receivers test tones and set each channel to 75 db's, read your receivers manual on how to do this. When measuring the sound level you should be sitting in your listening position and have meter pointing forward and angled up. I would suggest getting a copy of AVIA guide to home theater or Digital Video Essentials both on DVD, they will both explain all this in detail as well many other aspects of home theater basics. If your receiver does not have built in test tones you will need to get one of those DVD's.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis