SysteWorx programming

M

mfinney

Audiophyte
I purchased a Aton AH66T audio system and trying to program the ability to use remotes to command the aton zone controls. Need help to define IR codes that will work in our programmable remotes

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Hmm. I think you need to give us more information.

What sources are you using?

How many zones?

What do you mean you need help defining IR codes that will work with what remotes?

M

mfinney

Audiophyte
Currently I have 2 zones, satellite radio input and High Def cable box. The house is under renovations we will have 6 zones in the end. I used SystemWorx to customize the labelling of the zones/source pictures, very basic stuff. I have one cable/high def box hooked up to work in 3 different zones (one for future), with a video splitter. I can control my Cable box from any of the 2 zones with a universal remote. What I cannot do is control the aton device via remote, I have to use the keypad. How do I get my universal remote to control the aton box from each zone location?
I will also be adding the ipad dock as a source in the future.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
What do you have for a universal remote? The Aton has IR inputs that you would connect into from your universal remotes RF receiver. You would just connect one of the flasher outputs into the Aton's IR input.

Here is a graphic:

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
This is right up Bmxtrix's alley. Try PMing him.

M

mfinney

Audiophyte
thanks this is very helpful, the universal remotes we have in the house do not have a base station. Just thinking next steps if I do this,(remember i am a beginner) what are the codes to program into the remote to control the volume , on a per zone basis, for volume up/down, zone XX on/off. I believe this is done through the SystemWorx software downloadable on the aton site.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
The universal remotes I use (from URC) has software that contains all the codes within the software.

You can download the IR codes right from the Aton website on this page: ATON - Technology in reach™ Is this not what you are looking for?

As I look through the literature of this product I do not see that it has an IR sensor on the unit. All the information is using a 3.5mm IR input with use of a base station. You may want to make sure from the manufacturer this can be controlled via a front mounted IR sensor.

Last edited:
M

mfinney

Audiophyte
The unit, through the zone control pads and my current remotes, allows me to control the high def box from the various zones down to the box location in the basement. This is done in the basement through the universal IR output jack. The unit has a universal and zone based IR output jacks for this functionality. I have already looked at the files referenced in the latest post, researched such things as CCF formats and I believe (subject to an expert telling me I am wrong) that somehow the SystemWorx software sets up or tells me (or I tell it)what codes to use for controlling the basic audio controls of the various zones through the AH66T. That is the question :)

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Let's start from the start...

WHAT KIND OF REMOTE ARE YOU USING?

Not all remotes are going to be able to do this. Harmony MAY have the Aton in its database, it may not, if it does not, then you will have to try something else, or more likely, you can call them.

Any remote that can work with CCF files (Pronto based) can have the codes from the Aton website loaded into it.

If you have some other 'cheapie' remote, then it may not accept the specific IR codes which Aton requires.

If Aton allows for the IR commands to be different than what they are expecting, it doesn't appear to be listed in their manual.

Instead what you should do is pick a zone - call zone 1 the kitchen, zone 2 the bedroom.

You will have a IR repeater in both the kitchen and the bedroom.

The kitchen IR repeater will be hooked to the Zone IR Inputs #1
The bedroom IR repeater will be hooked to the Zone IR Inputs #2

The remotes in use will use Aton IR codes (available at the link above, or in your Universal Remote programming section) and will perform the following commands:
1. Pick a source for the room you are in.
2. Adjust volume for the room you are in.

That's pretty close to it.

Additional controls (changing channel, presets, etc.) will be directed to the source output currently selected. So, if you pick source 3 (your cable box), then all subsequent commands from the remote control will be directed to the cable box which would be connected with an IR emitter to IR Emitter Outputs port #3.

But, it all starts with the remote control you are using and whether or not it is even capable of delivering the Aton IR codes which are required. (or do you have something specific that indicates that IR codes can be something other than what Aton has programmed them as?)

M

mfinney

Audiophyte
so two issues:
-the OLED2-touchpads in each zone deliver the IR signal to the aton receiver located in the basement. The receiver, through the anton IR outputs, controls my High Def cable box for the TV's sound located in the zones. I am assuming the OLED2 touchpads would also transmit the proper IR codes into the aton reciever.
-the universal remotes I am using needs to be programmed for controlling the anton receiver. The ones I have are old, I suspect I have to buy new then, ensuring I can get the codes for the aton reciever into the new remotes. The files referenced on the aton site, I would assume, that when I buy new remotes I can either download these files into the remote or the remote will come with the codes inherent within the remote.

I really do appreciate this feedback, its making this easier to plan what to do, thanks a ton

S

Steven2e

Audiophyte
If anyone is still watching this thread. Does anyone have a copy of the systemworx software. I lost a hard drive and had no backup and you can no longer download it online. If someone does please let me know. Thank you

J

Jasonm01

Audiophyte
Hi I'm also looking for a copy of this software. Does anyone know where to find or could someone send me a copy? Would be greatly appreciated!

S

Superflybobby

Audiophyte
Hi Jason I have just purchased a secondhand AH66T and need a copy of the software. Would you be able to sort me a copy?

S

Superflybobby

Audiophyte
Hi Jason I would like a copy if you could send me one please?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I wouldn't discuss any copies as its piracy. Make sure that any discussion of the same should be private.

J

Jasonm01

Audiophyte
I wouldn't discuss any copies as its piracy. Make sure that any discussion of the same should be private.
Thanks. This is actually free software from a discontinued company. The software was provided to me by the remnants of people employed by the company who acquired Aton.

D

dazyyc

Audiophyte
About a year ago I moved into a house with an AH66T. I’m looking to reconfigure the OLED2 graphics. I just got SystemWorx software up and running, but haven’t connected it yet. Do you know will the software automatically pull the current configuration from the AH66T, or will I need to figure out how to setup a new project from scratch?

M

Maron

Audiophyte
I may be late to this thread but I would really appreciate a copy of Aton SystemWorx software. I can't believe this system did not do better in its day.

Thanks in advance

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis