Synergistic Research told me that I'm full of Poo. LOL

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well in any case opaque isn't a good thing for sound as it would mean it's not transparent.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
If you can see it, there is a problem.

And it isn't the sound.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I would put my audio system at the Porsche level and can easily tell cables (“tires”) make a difference.
Here we go again. Cables aren't tires, they're cables. If anything in your system is equivalent to tires, it's the speakers themselves, as they are the final component transmitting inputs to their final destination. (for tires, it's the road, for speakers, your ears).

X

xyzzy

Audiophyte
The people on this site listen to their speakers not the cable.:rolleyes:
some day if wisdom ever kicks in for “the people on this site”, they (and you) might realize that what comes out of speakers is highly dependent on what goes into the speakers.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Admit I was swindled? NEVER!

Still looking for toe nails from a griffin- got any contacts for those?
Dude! You're in luck, we have a secret griffin farm at work. We harvest their talons to grind up and pour over our machines, it greatly increases their cohesiveness. I'll try and smuggle some out for you. Not gonna be cheap, though, it's a dangerous task getting those talons.

X

xyzzy

Audiophyte
Here we go again. Cables aren't tires, they're cables. If anything in your system is equivalent to tires, it's the speakers themselves, as they are the final component transmitting inputs to their final destination. (for tires, it's the road, for speakers, your ears).
Good job taking an analogy to some level where you have no idea what it meant.

let me try some more which are destined to fail.

1) this site is analogous to a site for beer lovers who only drink Budweiser
Your expected response: people don’t drink music and music is not beer.

2) this site is analogous to a hamburger lovers site who only eat at McDonald’s and then demand other people do blind testing to prove to them there are better burgers while they adamantly rest their posteriors only in eateries with double arches.
Your expected response: music isn’t a hamburger blah blah blah…… (Okay now I’m bored with this response since it’s just a waste of time…..)

never can get an answer from folks like you if they have ever actually listened to a high end audio setup.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

1) this is site is analogous to a site for beer lovers who only drink Budweiser

2) this site is analogous to a hamburger lovers site who only eat at McDonald’s and then demand other people do blind testing to prove to them there are better burgers while they adamantly rest their posteriors only in buildings with double arches.
Your expected response: music isn’t a hamburger blah blah blah…… (Okay now I’m bored with this response since it’s just a waste of time…..)

never can get an answer from folks like you if they have ever actually listened to a high end audio setup.
Here's my take and the same can be said of your position. You feel cables are a significant factor and can't be convinced otherwise. You are equally regimented in your belief.

I have listened to systems with speakers in the tens of thousands and hundred thousands. I do tend to see those crazy systems using fancy cables, but I feel that is not a function of "because it sounds better" it feels more like "I have this because I have money" camp, which is often similar for those Porsche owners. Porsche owners fall into two categories: hardcore drivers who want that handling and visceral feeling. Then there are the ones who buy it as a statement to say "I have money", bragging rights, not because of the driving experience.

When I started out, I tried a LOT of cables. I have a lot of audio friends who were drinking that Kool-aid too, so I had the ability to borrow them and test them in my system. I like to try things myself, not just read and believe. I DO hear slight differences in various cables (active, silver, welded, tried a bunch), but the truth is, I never heard a cable truly make such a profound difference that I felt it was worth spending that money on. That's me personally, everyone has their own tolerance levels.

I purchased some Bluejeans Cables interconnects for a second system and then had a need in the main rig. I threw those cables into the main system and noticed there was zero difference between them and my AQ cables costing considerably more. Based on this, I started testing and comparing over a long period of time and came to the conclusion that cables are not enough of a benefit to my ears to warrant using them as a way of "tuning" the system. Once at a certain level of quality IMO, spending more does not buy you a corresponding benefit. To me, you are buying a preference, a tweak, not an actual "improvement" in my listening. It is just different.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai

2) this site is analogous to a hamburger lovers site who only eat at McDonald’s and then demand other people do blind testing to prove to them there are better burgers while they adamantly rest their posteriors only in eateries with double arches.

Hey, don't be mad at me because you made a stupid analogy. My response was literally nothing like your "expected responses." In fact, I even gave you a slightly better analogy for comparing cars to audio systems...

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai

Also, you can measure the difference that a different tire makes on a car's performance. Show me anywhere that has measured what difference a stupidly overpriced magical cable has had on a speaker's performance. Go ahead, I'll wait.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
This cable thread has severely upped my alcohol consumption. Thanks guys.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
some day if wisdom ever kicks in for “the people on this site”, they (and you) might realize that what comes out of speakers is highly dependent on what goes into the speakers.
agreed and with that being said it doesn't require a 4 or 5 figure conduit(speaker cable) to convey that message.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
Cables do one thing and one thing only and it can be measured.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Also, you can measure the difference that a different tire makes on a car's performance. Show me anywhere that has measured what difference a stupidly overpriced magical cable has had on a speaker's performance. Go ahead, I'll wait.
I'm sure we'll all eagerly await this, knowing that it will never be forthcoming.

I'd be surprised if he actually responds to the query at all tbh.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
thank you and great to see you understood!

this site isn’t all luddites after all!
You must have missed the joke aspect of that post.

Sorry (not sorry, really), been in the audio business since 1978, before all of the BS started and have heard just about every "reason" for some crap to make a system sound better without ANY rational thought behind the claims, only marketing. Being told that you'll hear something and then hearing it isn't a miracle, it's called 'persuasion'.

highfigh

highfigh

"Folks like you", who come here and claim that their system is analogous to a Porsche need to realize that better cars exist, so.....

Maybe you could post the equipment in your system, so we can see what you're working with. You could also post room dimensions, any acoustical treatments, etc- yes, acoustical properties matter.

highfigh

highfigh

Dude! You're in luck, we have a secret griffin farm at work. We harvest their talons to grind up and pour over our machines, it greatly increases their cohesiveness. I'll try and smuggle some out for you. Not gonna be cheap, though, it's a dangerous task getting those talons.
I'm in! How can we make this happen?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis