Sylvania GTE Model SC8518

Bob Danielson

Bob Danielson

Audiophyte
Good luck, it's highly doubtful. What are you trying to service?
the power supply I changed the leaky caps and a couple of wires to the audio and tuner power supplies broke off. I can substitute power supplies with a power supply that I have made about 15v for audio transistors and 10v for tuner AM /FM but the front dial lights are not powered, This is with no power from the factory supply /completely unplugged

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
the power supply I changed the leaky caps and a couple of wires to the audio and tuner power supplies broke off. I can substitute power supplies with a power supply that I have made about 15v for audio transistors and 10v for tuner AM /FM but the front dial lights are not powered, This is with no power from the factory supply /completely unplugged
No luck. Did you check the power transformer? If that is blown, then I think that will be the end of the road for that unit. I doubt you have the right voltages any way. 15 volts would only produce a watt or two of power.

Those units in any event were junk when new, and will be junk if you are able to fix it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis