Switches fo my setup

D

Dickie B

Audiophyte
I need help to make my setup easier. I have a turntable, a tape deck, a preamp and I computer. I also have four sets of speakers but I've got that figured out and working.
Sometimes I want to run the turntable output direct to my receiver, other times (when I'm recording an album) I want to run it to the preamp and then to the computer. Now I climb around the cabinets moving cables around. Then I have the same issue with the tape deck.
Is there a reasonably priced switch I can get to eliminate constantly moving my cables around.

Thank you.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Generally they're called "receivers". You might want to post up all the specific makes/models of your gear and connections....

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I need help to make my setup easier. I have a turntable, a tape deck, a preamp and I computer. I also have four sets of speakers but I've got that figured out and working.
Sometimes I want to run the turntable output direct to my receiver, other times (when I'm recording an album) I want to run it to the preamp and then to the computer. Now I climb around the cabinets moving cables around. Then I have the same issue with the tape deck.
Is there a reasonably priced switch I can get to eliminate constantly moving my cables around.

Thank you.
Look in eBay for an old Radio Shack Tape control center. There is no current equivalent. You can not switch the turntable unless you add a phono preamp between the turntable and the switch. The you would not use the RIAA input.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord

Thank you.
What model receiver do you have?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis