J

JaceTheAce

Audioholic
Would anyone else agree here that Swing Out Sister sounds a LOT like Basia??? Corinne Drewery I think is the lead singer to Swing Out Sister.

A

ARRAY

Audioholic Intern
Greetings from 1.5 hours drive away.

Swing out Sister, man! I haven't heard that band name in a long time. They had "Break Out" and then a few other smatterings before fizzling out. They had kind of a clean preppy tone to them, with smatterings of synthesized pop jazz IIRC. I couldn't say if the Basia babe and SOS share the same lead singerette. I remember that little snookums' haircut though - looked pretty decent on her!

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
they're two different singers; Basia has a wider vocal range and "sounds" jazzier.

J

JaceTheAce

Audioholic
stratman said:
they're two different singers; Basia has a wider vocal range and "sounds" jazzier.
I would definately agree with you here. I believe Basia has a better voice overall.

G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
I would say Basia sounds nothing like Corinne. Both are good singers, but Basia is better

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
I just played a couple of tunes from SOS and Basia; Basia is all over the place, SOS while sweet sounding is a little monotonous. Again beauty is in the EAR of the beholder! Basia holds my attention more, there is more texture and layers to her work...this is probably due to song structure.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Basia Update

Basia Trzetrzelewska (don't ask me to pronounce it ) Polish born singer with a couple of breakthrough CDs in the pop jazz format. Claim to fame CD: Time and Tide --1987, hit single Time and Tide: went gold. Second gold CD LONDON,WARSAW,NEW YORK. Dropped out of the music scene about 1998 or 1999 has resurfaced with some critically acclaimed stuff (according to wikipedia) I haven't bought any of her new stuff, I own her first 2 Cds, if you like "jazz" and I term that extremely loosely (more like pop with a tinge of some jazz) you might like her stuff, some of her material can be "fun" and energetic and I've never found it boring......try I Tunes they might have some of her stuff. She was big in the late 80's.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis