Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
What the stats tell me is that there is a LOT of excess weaponry in the US. There doesn't appear to be any correlation between rape stats and gun death stats, as the US, UK and Australia have similar rates of rape.
Thank you for your public service, not that it will change his inflexible and fact resistant mind.

Now that he’s yet again has had his inane claims repeatedly refuted by statistics he’ll resort to ad hominem attacks and xenophobia.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
What the stats tell me is that there is a LOT of excess weaponry in the US. There doesn't appear to be any correlation between rape stats and gun death stats, as the US, UK and Australia have similar rates of rape.
You can look at the stats all you want WRT crimes/100K or whatever but the impact from that isn't the same as saying "In Chicago, 20 people were shot and four killed this weekend before noon today and in New Mexico, eight were shot and three killed at a motorcycle rally".

Rates and sheer numbers when the populations of the other countries show that they definitely have a problem but Statista shows that "In 2021, about 282,043 women were raped or sexually assaulted in the U.S. - a decrease from the previous year." - that's more than one quarter of the entire population of Nova Scotia. Does that make more of an impression than 1.2 rapes/100,000 (1.2 is just a random number, not an actual statistic)?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
You're freaking hopeless. The weapons are not going to shoot people without some asshole behind them. The US has more assholes.
You're freaking hopeless. The weapons are not going to shoot people without some asshole behind them. The US has more assholes.
And, weapons don't shoot people if they don't exist either.

If you were hoping that I would be convinced that the vastly disproportionate number of gun deaths in the US can be chalked up to a nebulous claim that the US has a much higher number of assholes per capita, then yes, I'm hopeless. :rolleyes:

There are many factors contributing to gun deaths in any particular country. Where it concerns the US, at the very top of the list, it's the sheer quantity of firearms in circulation (I must sound like a broken record by now). If other developed countries had similar (proportionately) numbers of firearms in circulation, they would see substantial increases in gun deaths. It would be inevitable.

You can carry on with your misanthropic rants, if you like, but I'm done here.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
And, weapons don't shoot people if they don't exist either.

If you were hoping that I would be convinced that the vastly disproportionate number of gun deaths in the US can be chalked up to a nebulous claim that the US has a much higher number of assholes per capita, then yes, I'm hopeless. :rolleyes:

There are many factors contributing to gun deaths in any particular country. Where it concerns the US, at the very top of the list, it's the sheer quantity of firearms in circulation (I must sound like a broken record by now). If other developed countries had similar (proportionately) numbers of firearms in circulation, they would see substantial increases in gun deaths. It would be inevitable.

You can carry on with your misanthropic rants, if you like, but I'm done here.
OK, let's try this- a group of people meet and find that they clearly disagree about some things. A couple of them start fighting, but the others either try to stop the fight or they stand by and do little.

What's the difference? While guns make killing easier, there's still the problem of people who can't avoid violence and who can't get along with others. I'm not misanthropic by nature but I have come to see people as more flawed than ever, by observation.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis