SVS ULTRA or DEF TECHS.

ULTRAS OR DEF TECH 9060s

• Definitives

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
O

Omarspeakerguy

Audiophyte
Hello all, I recently picked up a set of definitives consisting of the BP9060STs, the CS9060, and the SR9040s. I also bought 2 REL HT/1205 subwoofers you compliment. I am in my return window and have been thinking about exchanging my speakers for the SVS Ultra line. The reviews on these speakers are insane and it seems like they provide an incredible value. These will be driven by the new Denon AVRX6700H. I have about 30 days to decide what I want to do. To preface, the exchange with literally be a wash. Where I work I usually get about 50% off of audio equipment so price isn’t a factor between the two. I love movies, movies, and games. I don’t mind if either are bright like I’ve heard. I’m curious to know what you guys would do in my situation. No I don’t have the means to try both at the same time. Please help me with your opinions!!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I found the older DefTechs to be horrible speakers on two different auditions. I would choose the Ultras or Pinnacle Primes over them with little hesitation. The new Demand series from DT shows promise.

O

Omarspeakerguy

Audiophyte
I found the older DefTechs to be horrible speakers on two different auditions. I would choose the Ultras or Pinnacle Primes over them with little hesitation. The new Demand series from DT shows promise.
I also have a pair of 9020s that I found to have an insanely wide sound stage though the imaging was indistinct. They sound good but I’ve always wanted to try out the ultras. We also have some demand D7s that are surprisingly good

C

Coolravicool

Junior Audioholic
Your room dimensions matters. The size of speakers should be on the basis of the room size. Otherwise you can have distortion. Also the ultra’s may need to have more space. Speaker placement is important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I think the Ultras are excellent speakers and I got a lot of enjoyment from them. I'd go with SVS over DefTech every time.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis