Svs soundpath wireless adapter- anyone has it?

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic

i bought this thing. And used it on subwoofer. Any opinion for someone else who bought it?
is it to be replaced? Or it can stay?
i am afraid wireless router affects it. Any solution?

it gives a delay of 25ms for sure.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General

i bought this thing. And used it on subwoofer. Any opinion for someone else who bought it?
is it to be replaced? Or it can stay?
i am afraid wireless router affects it. Any solution?

it gives a delay of 25ms for sure.
I'm using one for my PB16 Ultra. I have had zero issues. As long as you're not placing it too far away and don't have other electronics interfering with the signal, you should not notice a difference in sound.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
I'm using one for my PB16 Ultra. I have had zero issues. As long as you're not placing it too far away and don't have other electronics interfering with the signal, you should not notice a difference in sound.
I have a wireless router close to it, at 1, 1,5 meter away from transmiter piece.
Did you ever try the same position with the kit and without the kit, and run audyssey?
the cable is always with slightly more gain. And some different, the audyssey curve is NOT excactly the same.
how you are setting up the subwoofer distance?

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I have a wireless router close to it, at 1, 1,5 meter away from transmiter piece.
Did you ever try the same position with the kit and without the kit, and run audyssey?
the cable is always with slightly more gain. And some different, the audyssey curve is NOT excactly the same.
how you are setting up the subwoofer distance?
It used to be hooked up with a subwoofer cable, but during some construction in my theater room the connector piece on the subwoofer cable snapped off and broke. Unfortunately with my setup the previous owner of the house who ran the cable pretty much made it impossible to rerun the cable unless you rip holes in the ceiling. So my only other choice was to go wireless. I could not tell a difference in sound quality between having it hooked up and using this wireless device. They say a router can potentially have some interference so just be aware of that. If it seems to be popping in and out then I'd say it might be from the router.

I don't use room correction software. My ears are my "software". You can put all your distances in your AVR. I'm sitting about 8ft (2.5 meters) away from my subwoofer. My subwoofer meshes extremely well with all content that is being played whether it be music or movies.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
You can put all your distances in your AVR. I'm sitting about 8ft (2.5 meters)
This svs link has 25ms delay. To eliminate it u need to add 8 meters to distance. And i dont know if just 8 value is fine OR
its 8 + your real distance= X. So i think u need to increase it a lot Just for a test. Search how much distance it is the 25ms delay and this is for audyssey, manual setup is it the same rule?

in your current distance settings, the subwoofer runs slower than the sound. But your ear cant catch it. Just make a test....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This svs link has 25ms delay. To eliminate it u need to add 8 meters to distance. And i dont know if just 8 value is fine OR
its 8 + your real distance= X. So i think u need to increase it a lot Just for a test. Search how much distance it is the 25ms delay and this is for audyssey, manual setup is it the same rule?

in your current distance settings, the subwoofer runs slower than the sound. But your ear cant catch it. Just make a test....
Room correction can adjust for any delays like that using distance settings.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General

I don't have any issues with delay's. If there happens to be a small one, I don't notice at all during any movie, tv or music listening. You might be reading into that extra stuff too much. Plug it in and listen for yourself and then gauge what needs to be tweaked with your subwoofer settings. My setup subwoofer sounds amazing and works perfectly in my HT.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
The only time I recall this being an issue was with minidsp, which also adds its own delay. So according to Ed, a wireless kit, with a minidsp, and an SVS sub with built in dsp can definitely be a problem.
Killbill should be just fine.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
I don't have any issues with delay's. If there happens to be a small one, I don't notice at all during any movie, tv or music listening. You might be reading into that extra stuff too much. Plug it in and listen for yourself and then gauge what needs to be tweaked with your subwoofer settings. My setup subwoofer sounds amazing and works perfectly in my HT.
your wifi router if its strong of even the neighbors with a directional antenna can disturb it.
maybe a 5ghz operating router can be a good idea.
Did you find any quality 3.5mm to single RCA cables ? Any link from any shop it would be good.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Room correction can adjust for any delays like that using distance settings.
The caveat here is that you might run out of distance to add. I don’t remember where it stops but audyssey can only add so many feet.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I use the SVS kit on one of my HSU VTF2 mk5 subs. Only issue I had was the lights are so bright that I had to put a bit of electric tape over them to stop the blue light effects. LOL :)

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
I use the SVS kit on one of my HSU VTF2 mk5 subs. Only issue I had was the lights are so bright that I had to put a bit of electric tape over them to stop the blue light effects. LOL :)
How close is your wireless router to both of your boxes?
do you have wireless router 2.4 or 5 ghz?
are you using original 3.5mm to single rca cable or bought other?

Last edited:
M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
your wifi router if its strong of even the neighbors with a directional antenna can disturb it.
maybe a 5ghz operating router can be a good idea.
Did you find any quality 3.5mm to single RCA cables ? Any link from any shop it would be good.
I'm using the cables that came with it.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
How close is your wireless router to both of your boxes?
do you have wireless router 2.4 or 5 ghz?
are you using original 3.5mm to single rca cable or bought other?
Dual band router is in another room 40 feet away.

Using original cables. I did run a Y splitter at HSU sub so auto on/off would work right from my Yamaha. The other HSU is cabled and also has Y splitter for same reason.

T

tdmac

Audiophyte
The caveat here is that you might run out of distance to add. I don’t remember where it stops but audyssey can only add so many feet.
The maximum distance Audyssey can add is 20ft further than the closest speaker.

I have two subs connected through two SoundPaths. Audyssey doesn't get the distance correct for either of them and requires some adjustment while measuring with REW to get a decent frequency response and integration with the mains.

Both subs are on the side walls, equidistant from the MLP. Audyssey sets the distance for one at 25.5 ft and the second at 41.8 ft. The closest surround speaker is 5.5 ft from the MLP, so the 25.5 ft distance of sub 1 can't be increased. If I try to change the distance of sub 2, I get an error that the distance is invalid - unless I change it to 25.5 ft or less. I just ended up finding a distance setting that is less than 25.5ft to set both subs to that gave me a flat frequency response. I'm sure the subs aren't time aligned with the mains and the phase is probably all wrong but the sound is good. Probably could be better if they were direct wired or had lower latency wireless.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
The maximum distance Audyssey can add is 20ft further than the closest speaker.

I have two subs connected through two SoundPaths. Audyssey doesn't get the distance correct for either of them and requires some adjustment while measuring with REW to get a decent frequency response and integration with the mains.

Both subs are on the side walls, equidistant from the MLP. Audyssey sets the distance for one at 25.5 ft and the second at 41.8 ft. The closest surround speaker is 5.5 ft from the MLP, so the 25.5 ft distance of sub 1 can't be increased. If I try to change the distance of sub 2, I get an error that the distance is invalid - unless I change it to 25.5 ft or less. I just ended up finding a distance setting that is less than 25.5ft to set both subs to that gave me a flat frequency response. I'm sure the subs aren't time aligned with the mains and the phase is probably all wrong but the sound is good. Probably could be better if they were direct wired or had lower latency wireless.
İ need help on something very weird.
do you have sensitive ear?

my receiver soundpath make a very high noise like... eeeeee its very low to listen but i listen. it sound like a cheap chinese device.
it doesnt do it all the time it starts this after days of operation. i never take it out of power.
when i switch it off, the noice stops.

T

tdmac

Audiophyte
İ need help on something very weird.
do you have sensitive ear?

my receiver soundpath make a very high noise like... eeeeee its very low to listen but i listen. it sound like a cheap chinese device.
it doesnt do it all the time it starts this after days of operation. i never take it out of power.
when i switch it off, the noice stops.
Odd. I don't hear a high pitch noise with mine. I also keep mine powered all the time. I wonder if it could be interference? Does it still do it if you move the transmitter or receiver box a little bit?

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
Odd. I don't hear a high pitch noise with mine. I also keep mine powered all the time. I wonder if it could be interference? Does it still do it if you move the transmitter or receiver box a little bit?
i emailed svs, they say interference. İ have a wireless weather station and a wireless router in the room. But they are close to the transmiter who doesnt make any high pitch noice.
also the noice appears at random times its not stable.

moving it doesnt help i think. Maybe a dual band router and work it at 5ghz?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis