Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
Sounds like a good time. Can't wait to hear how it goes and get some opinions on the subs from you guys. Have a good trip.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
Are those the long awaited SVS (SVL?) loudspeakers?!?! Send more pictures.

corysmith01

corysmith01

Senior Audioholic
Awesome...can't wait to hear what you think, especially considering I'm the proud owner of one. :D

And yes, what are those speakers?

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
corysmith01 said:
Awesome...can't wait to hear what you think, especially considering I'm the proud owner of one. :D

And yes, what are those speakers?
Meridian 7.1's

Duffinator

Duffinator

I can't wait to hear whay you and the MacMan from New Mexico think of their facility. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on an SVS PB12-ISD so your trip is of high priority, can you go a little sooner? ;)

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....Buck, please take your camera with you and get a snap of Tom Vodhanel....better be careful though, and try not to use the flash....he's wanted in four states.....

.....of course I'm kidding....Tom is aces for sure.....

R

Ron Stimpson

Manufacturer
Actually the statute of limitations on most of what Tom was wanted for have run out. Something about having a 900hp motor in a Chevelle with no mufflers, and I guess wheelie bars aren't street legal in Ohio. Don't have all details, there were never any confirmed reports he'd left the state. That's all unsubstantiated heresy ;^)

Full range speakers have been in intense R/D for many months now. Engineering cutoff is planned for July. The first entry will be a 5.1 rig that'll target PB10-ISD owners (or similar class subs) with colors and styling to match. They'll be SVS products through and through, though final price, and point of origin are not fully decided yet either.

PS the surround processor in this showroom is a Meridian but the speakers are not. Just something we had sitting around to hold down sound needs till we have something done of our own. It's not a critical listening room, just a showroom with sound. Down the road a spell we hope to do a no holds barred demo theater fully tricked out with room treatments and the like.

It's not going to happen this year, I'm happy to simply have a lobby/reception area and showroom with our key products in open view and readily selectable in "kick the tires mode".

We'll do more to show this and the rest of our operation off as time allows. Any excuse to pull away from the PC or the test lab for a while is something we actually relish.

Ron
SVS

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
Duffinator said:
I can't wait to hear whay you and the MacMan from New Mexico think of their facility. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on an SVS PB12-ISD so your trip is of high priority, can you go a little sooner? ;)

Rest assured when we go, we will give you the lowdown. See Buck and I grew up together, we have been bass nuts forever. He Put his 12" 3 way AAL's in the back of his Vega in the 80's powered by an awesome Punch 40. Then I tore out the backseat of my chevelle and dropped in 4 12" drivers powered by a couple of proton car amps. Those were the days. Hard hitting, tight, chest slamming bass is what we live for. I looks like it will be the week of july 18th. Stay tuned.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
MacManNM said:
Rest assured when we go, we will give you the lowdown. See Buck and I grew up together, we have been bass nuts forever. He Put his 12" 3 way AAL's in the back of his Vega in the 80's powered by an awesome Punch 40. Then I tore out the backseat of my chevelle and dropped in 4 12" drivers powered by a couple of proton car amps. Those were the days. Hard hitting, tight, chest slamming bass is what we live for. I looks like it will be the week of july 18th. Stay tuned.
Actually, it was a "Fosgate - The Punch" amp hooked to the Clarion head unit. First one out, and it was quite the amp. The Vega never saw such bass. It died years before I had the AAL's. Those were put in the hatchback of the maroon '82 Accord. You could hear it coming a city block away. I actually wore ear plugs back in the day. Nothing hit harder than 2 Live Crew - Lord help me.

Duffinator

Duffinator

MacManNM said:
Vega in the 80's? :confused: I thought they were all dead by 1979. I probably won't order one before July 18th so no need to move up your trip on my account. :rolleyes: You should see if you can kick the tires on Tom's 900 hp Chevelle, even if it is only in a straight line. Have fun on your trip.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Duffinator said:
Vega in the 80's? :confused: I thought they were all dead by 1979. I probably won't order one before July 18th so no need to move up your trip on my account. :rolleyes: You should see if you can kick the tires on Tom's 900 hp Chevelle, even if it is only in a straight line. Have fun on your trip.
It was a '72 r '73 Vega GT. I had a Monza that might have been late '70's. That's what the Clarion came out of with the 7 band Alpine eq. Boy were both of those rust buckets!

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
Buckeyefan 1 said:
It was a '72 r '73 Vega GT. I had a Monza that might have been late '70's. That's what the Clarion came out of with the 7 band Alpine eq. Boy were both of those rust buckets!
A memory like an elephant you dont have (but your girth is a different story). It was a 75 Vega GT. 140cid. Broken frame, I welded the rust together, after that we were doing 99mph down a pothole road.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....Buck, I had a friend back in the 60's who put two 12 inch woofers in his 'vette, and evidently powered the woofers with the transferred gamma rays from Planet Zena....no kidding, he must have had a bazillion watts....he could knock potato chips out of a passenger-held bag....truth.....

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
Ron Stimpson said:
Actually the statute of limitations on most of what Tom was wanted for have run out. Something about having a 900hp motor in a Chevelle with no mufflers, and I guess wheelie bars aren't street legal in Ohio. Don't have all details, there were never any confirmed reports he'd left the state. That's all unsubstantiated heresy ;^)

Full range speakers have been in intense R/D for many months now. Engineering cutoff is planned for July. The first entry will be a 5.1 rig that'll target PB10-ISD owners (or similar class subs) with colors and styling to match. They'll be SVS products through and through, though final price, and point of origin are not fully decided yet either.

PS the surround processor in this showroom is a Meridian but the speakers are not. Just something we had sitting around to hold down sound needs till we have something done of our own. It's not a critical listening room, just a showroom with sound. Down the road a spell we hope to do a no holds barred demo theater fully tricked out with room treatments and the like.

It's not going to happen this year, I'm happy to simply have a lobby/reception area and showroom with our key products in open view and readily selectable in "kick the tires mode".

We'll do more to show this and the rest of our operation off as time allows. Any excuse to pull away from the PC or the test lab for a while is something we actually relish.

Ron
SVS
.....class act.....

HookedOnSound

HookedOnSound

Full Audioholic
Buckeyefan 1 said:
Here's a pic of the SVS showroom in Youngstown, OH. Hopefully I'll be headed up that way in July (the folks live about 20 minutes away), meeting up with MacManNM, and seeing all of their subs at the same time. Can't wait.

www.svsubwoofers.com/images/factory/showroom.jpg
¸

OMG! That white sub is huge! you'd never tell just by casually browsing the SVS website, does anybody know what model it is?

The pic of the subs in the room really put their size in perspective.

Definitely would be low on the WAF spectrometer (white sub) in my house :)

Thanks for posting the pics

R

Ron Stimpson

Manufacturer
Hooked on Sound (can I call you Hoss for short? ;^)

That's a PB12-ISD/2 closest to my highly professional grade Kodak happy snap camera. We'll have some pro shots done by the end of the month with any luck.

Size is really a matter of perspective. That sub is actually the same size as the black piano gloss sub (a PB12-Ultra/2) in the front left corner there. Standing back a bit you can see the Ultra/2 is not at all that out of place next to a Samsung 56" DLP, or even those gloss mains that have to be the skinniest speakers on the planet.

We we're going to get a picture of Erik Kroner (SVS E-commerce Director... who's like 6' 5" and 260ish lbs) standing next to the ISD/2 ... to try and convince everyone it was the new small SVS we're working on.

Then someone in our legal department said that would be dishonest, and I dropped the whole idea. ;^)

Ron

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
HookedOnSound said:
¸

OMG! That white sub is huge!

I think the white is as large as the other cubes on that side of the room, just looks larger, closer to camera.

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
Update

Just to let you guys know Buckeye and I will be hitting the SVS showroom on the 22nd of July. We are looking forward to hearing their products.

Bob R

Bob R

Enthusiast
Boy timing is everything in life. I lived in Warren, Ohio from 79-83' and must have taken the Pittsburg to Youngstown hop about fifty times. If I still lived there, I've have put in a job application by now. :rolleyes:

Nice growth curve in the last three years for the fine folks at SVS.

Mind if I post this pic over at S&V?

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis