SVS SB2000 Gloss $499.00

A

aarond

Full Audioholic
Fry's electronics has the SVS SB2000 for $499.00 until 9/15/2019!
Just picked 1 up!

A

aarond

Full Audioholic
I found it under" deals" Trusted name brand 12" subwoofer 500w continuous power black gloss
in store only

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I found it under" deals" Trusted name brand 12" subwoofer 500w continuous power black gloss
in store only
That might be just your location? I don't see it either, but that's a great deal and congrats on your new sub!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah they run local ads so you may need a code, but sometimes you can just walk in and get the same deal.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
in store only
I just looked up the JBL Dubals in your sig as I've never heard of them before. What a fascinating looking speaker with the glass tops and slot tweeters. You can tell they're from a ways back, but look a lot more modern than their contemporary counterparts. I like the way they look and from what I'm reading they can still hold their own with today's offerings.

2161948-jbl-l65-jubal-speakers-audiophile-monitors-made-in-usa-077.jpg
download (4).jpeg
DSCF7620.jpg.e571cfc18e3c355fefcf6f26ecf45402-848x565.jpg

Do yours still have the original glass tops intact? I'd love to listen to them.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah they run local ads so you may need a code, but sometimes you can just walk in and get the same deal.
Yeah, if you can produce an ad or code from another location it's almost a guarantee they'll honor it. Most big chains have customer first policies like that.

A

aarond

Full Audioholic
My Jubals are complete. My father worked at the Northridge CA factory in the 70's. He could buy a pair of speakers every 6 months at factory cost. The family has L100s, L36s, L26s and L110s from the 70's and IMHO
the L65s are the best of the bunch.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
My Jubals are complete. My father worked at the Northridge CA factory in the 70's. He could by a pair of speakers every 6 months at factory cost. The family has L100s, L36s, L26s and L110s from the 70's and IMHO
My neighbor in SF had Jubals, sweet speakers.

ps Since when does Fry's have SVS?

A

aarond

Full Audioholic
My neighbor in SF had Jubals, sweet speakers.

ps Since when does Fry's have SVS?
I was wondering the same thing. I went to Frys to buy a USB cable and saw a pallet of SVS subs in the aisle. I checked my phone for any specials and bought one on the spot. Right place right time I guess.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Frys buys overstock from other companies on occasion. These may have been either from Best Buy or possibly even SVS. I bought Polk LSis for a ridiculous price there before too, and they definitely don't carry those either.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I was wondering the same thing. I went to Frys to buy a USB cable and saw a pallet of SVS subs in the aisle. I checked my phone for any specials and bought one on the spot. Right place right time I guess.
As long as SVS honors the warranty....assume you don't get the full package of benefits as you would by buying from SVS or do they extend that also?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
My Jubals are complete. My father worked at the Northridge CA factory in the 70's. He could buy a pair of speakers every 6 months at factory cost. The family has L100s, L36s, L26s and L110s from the 70's and IMHO
Wow man, that’s cool. I always think it’s fun to heat about industry people. FWIW, I have a pair of JBL S-312II(and other studio II’s). They’re well past his time but they were designed by Greg timbers.
Your dad May have known him, he’s a legend.

Still sound great after nearly 20 years.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I love Fry's!

But, word on the street is that they are struggling with the B&M stores. I haven't been into the local store in quite a while (I'm part of their problem), but I hear that it is just a shadow of what it used to be. A dang shame!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
As long as SVS honors the warranty....assume you don't get the full package of benefits as you would by buying from SVS or do they extend that also?
Depends on the problem I'd guess. SVS have warrantied 2 different items I bought from 3rd party sellers. One time they replaced the amp on a SB1000 I bought off Craigslist, free of charge and most recently they replaced one of my grills for one of the 8" drivers on the side of one of my towers, which I bought from eBay. That was free of charge also and I just received it yesterday. The same grill lists for $50 on their website.

Meanwhile Hsu wants to charge me ten bucks to replace the little logos on the grill covers and I bought directly from them...

A

aarond

Full Audioholic
Wow man, that’s cool. I always think it’s fun to heat about industry people. FWIW, I have a pair of JBL S-312II(and other studio II’s). They’re well past his time but they were designed by Greg timbers.
Your dad May have known him, he’s a legend.

Still sound great after nearly 20 years.
I remember my dad telling me that the company took a turn for the worse when Sydney Harmon sold to Beatrice Foods and he left the same time that Arnold Wolf left.

A

aarond

Full Audioholic
I was able to register the warranty on the SVS website no problem.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis