SVS SB13-Ultra Subwoofer Contest Review Thread

Which Contestant wrote the best product evaluation?

• Adam

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Eugovector

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • PBC

Votes: 34 50.7%

• Total voters
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
So what are the official rules now as to what constitutes a vote? What happens in the event of a tie? Can dead people from Camden, NJ who've voted consistently in presidential elections also participate?

R

raynist

Junior Audioholic
I vote for PBC's review although I do not like this new voting format. There were probably many people that voted via the poll that will not get back to check this thread to vote again.

Matt34

Matt34

I vote for PBC's review although I do not like this new voting format. There were probably many people that voted via the poll that will not get back to check this thread to vote again.
It's either this to be fair to the contestants, or have a bogus poll by allowing people to vote multiple times. Sorry you don't like it.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I think all three reviews were great.

I could come up with reasons to go with any one of the three.

In the end I have to toss my vote to Adam.

Nice combination of detail and humor. Plus the gratuitous Nikki shot was a nice plus.

R

raynist

Junior Audioholic
It's either this to be fair to the contestants, or have a bogus poll by allowing people to vote multiple times. Sorry you don't like it.
I didn't think you could vote more than once on the poll.

If that was the case then I agree this is better

T

The Bogg

Audiophyte
I didn't think you could vote more than once on the poll.

If that was the case then I agree this is better
Same here. I did say it before but in case it didn't count I vote for pbc's review. They were all good but someone has to win!

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
I think all three reviews were great.

I could come up with reasons to go with any one of the three.

In the end I have to toss my vote to Adam.

Nice combination of detail and humor. Plus the gratuitous Nikki shot was a nice plus.
Yeah I liked the Nikki cameo but my favorite part in that video was the Twister board cameo at 1 minute and 18 secs....priceless for those aware of the long running joke here on audioholics...maybe if Adam added some flip flops....I would've voted for him....;)

BTW...any NEW member please meet the required 5 post limit at some point to ensure your vote is counted!

T

The Bogg

Audiophyte
Yeah I liked the Nikki cameo but my favorite part in that video was the Twister board cameo at 1 minute and 18 secs....priceless for those aware of the long running joke here on audioholics...maybe if Adam added some flip flops....I would've voted for him....;)

BTW...any NEW member please meet the required 5 post limit at some point to ensure your vote is counted!
Ah, thanks for the tip.

J

jakeman

Junior Audioholic
So what are the official rules now as to what constitutes a vote? What happens in the event of a tie? Can dead people from Camden, NJ who've voted consistently in presidential elections also participate?
LOL. I think dead people voted here, too. Good to see you still have that great sense of humour and irony. :D

So what's up with this poll anyway and who won?

For the record I voted for PBC because of his more rigorous analytical approach.

SaviorMachine

SaviorMachine

Enthusiast
I vote for PBC. His review was detailed, content-rich, and highly polished.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Assuming that I added correctly, the current tally for votes that meet the new criteria is:

pbc = 21
Adam = 14
eugovector = 1

Total votes = 36.

Win or lose, I'd love to see more participation. I know that people could vote more than once with the original poll, but I doubt that over 90% of the poll votes were fake (I think there were over 375 of them). So, please keep those votes coming in if you prefer one review over the others - thanks! :)

Gene - it would probably help if you edit the first post which still contains the old rules and deadline. Not everyone will read the whole thread and see that it's changed. Thanks.

Marshall_Guthrie

Marshall_Guthrie

Audioholics Videographer Extraordinaire
I think I know where that one vote came from: Mom, stop embarrassing me in front of my friends!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I think I know where that one vote came from: Mom, stop embarrassing me in front of my friends!
That reminds me, I need to tell my parents how to join AH. :p

Oh, wait...no. They really shouldn't read most of my posts. :eek: :D

pbc

pbc

Audioholic
This is surprising to me as I really enjoyed how you narrated the review in the video and the golf club swing was price-less. Figured voters who didn't like the heavier technical/graphical stuff (or techno-babble as I think someone referred to it :D ) would have been deciding between yours and Adam's which had less, well, techno-babble. :p

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis