SVS SB12 NSD Thoughts?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Do you still have it JG? That's a beauty of a speaker what is it?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Nope, I sold that one when I bought my Empire. That was a DIY Adire Tempest tuned to 17.5hz. It was an excellent sub. A buddy built it and when he moved he sold it to me (he actually upgraded to an 18" :eek: )

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Just to chime in, the SB12-NSD is an excellent sub. If your space is 2,500 cubic feet or less, it will do a great job unless you listen to things at ear bleeding levels.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Nope, I sold that one when I bought my Empire. That was a DIY Adire Tempest tuned to 17.5hz. It was an excellent sub. A buddy built it and when he moved he sold it to me (he actually upgraded to an 18" :eek: )
What powered that sub? My wife would draw the line way before that even got taken off the back of the truck, I can picture her "you don't think you are bringing that in my house" or "that better be either going in the attic or basement" I have 1 speaker wire touching the floor {I am going to run it down to the basement and then back up with terminal boxes someday, but for now it runs about 9ft along a wall, you can't even notice it, and she mentions it at least once a month.., lol..

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
What some of you guys should try to do is repurpose an extra bedroom (or den or whatever) into your home theater room, or build one in your basement. The wife is much less likely to complain about a big subwoofer in the home theater room than she is about a big subwoofer in the living room. In my case, I have no TV at all in my living room, just a 2 channel stereo. The home theater is in the home theater room, and there, my wife does not mind speakers all over and big subwoofers. And she likes the great performance of the system, so it is a great thing for all concerned.

I realize, not everyone can do this, but I think many people can, and if you can, I think you should.

T

Texas308

Audiophyte
I just ordered dual SB12-NSD's yesterday...room is 2800 cubic feet. Didn't really want a big sub so went with dual smaller subs...

G

Goliath

Full Audioholic
Texas308 said:
I just ordered dual SB12-NSD's yesterday...room is 2800 cubic feet. Didn't really want a big sub so went with dual smaller subs...
Nice. Did you get a chance to listen to them first before ordering, or did you just order based on word of mouth? I look forward to hearing your impressions once they are delivered!

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
I just purchased the SB12-NSD for my 20'x20' room a month ago to go along with the Focal 1027Be's and associated center & surrounds and it is more than adequate. Good choice. Watching the opening scene for Saving Private Ryan will transport you to the battlefield and rattle the windows & furniture, depending on the volume level. But the main reason I was happy with the unit was the musically articulate nature of the beast. And that is with the volume level set a 25% to boot. I would recommend highly this sub to anyone in a similarly sized room.

G

Goliath

Full Audioholic
Congrats Texas!!! Please post more pics of your subs. Don't forget to give us your impressions. :)

T

Texas308

Audiophyte
Took one out of the box and the size is perfect for where I need to put it. Great fit/finish indeed.

I will get the other one out and re-run calibration and go from there. It's gonna be good I just know it!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Hey Hey Hey where is the whole setup? Pics we trust in! Congrats.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Let us know what you think when you get it setup to your liking and enjoy!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis