SVS Prime surround or Klipsch reference series

L

little_cee

Audiophyte
Trying to decide about upgrading my surround speakers. Not sure about which ones to get. Leaning toward the Klipsch r-28f towers with matching center and surrounds. Any thoughts would be great.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Hi!

Klipsch has a great history, but not great current products. For the money, I strongly recommend looking at ANY of the Internet Direct options: SVS, Aperion, Wavecrest, the list goes on...

But in the $1000-$2000 category, Bestbuy (in example) cannot compete due to their pricing strategy. And if you have a healthy credit card limit, you can buy your top choices and compare directly against each other, in your own home! I think they all offer in home trials, and most will cover return shipping! (read the fine print)

L

little_cee

Audiophyte
I know Best Buy will have the Klipsch for half off this black Friday.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Trying to decide about upgrading my surround speakers. Not sure about which ones to get. Leaning toward the Klipsch r-28f towers with matching center and surrounds. Any thoughts would be great.
The Klips migh be the way to go.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
The Klips migh be the way to go.
Agreed, with that kind of savings it would he hard to ignore. As long as they stick to the Reference series I can't see them being disappointed.

L

little_cee

Audiophyte
Thanks for the input. Will be using a Yamaha RX-A740 receiver with SVS SB-2000.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I believe if you read through this thread (2 pages) you can get a pretty good idea of the Klipsch sound.

IMHO, it is mainly about the sound of horns: for music, and especially acoustic music, it is not the most accurate. For HT, they are excellent, especially at 1/2 price!

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/klipsch-rf62-ii.95251/

Be sure to catch IrvRobinson's comments starting at post #18, especially for comments on bass without a sub.

Last edited:
F

felipe

Audioholic
To the OP, If you have a BestBuy near you, go and have a listen to those Klipschs...get an idea of how they sound to you ;). From what I've read and learned from online research, people either love 'em or hate 'em. I know BB is not the ideal listening environment, but at the very least will get an idea of the sound characteristics. Hope this helps ;)

L

little_cee

Audiophyte
Also, I have the SVS SB-2000. Thinking about returning it for the PC-2000. Any thoughts about that.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis