Rsl 12s speedwoofer

A

Aust11n

Enthusiast
Hello recently purchased this rsl 12s speedwoofer and it’s VERY underwhelming at the moment. I will be trying a different receiver to play with more settings. How do I determine if this is a faulty unit. I was expect my walls to be rattling and having to keep this unit relatively low volume but even cranking it high I’m not getting chest pumping/wall shaking bass and it’s VERY AGGRAVATING

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Could be your expectations, hard to know. Walls rattling doesn't mean a lot as to what it's doing/not doing. How about some spl measurements with various test tones or something to go on?

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Hello recently purchased this rsl 12s speedwoofer and it’s VERY underwhelming at the moment. I will be trying a different receiver to play with more settings. How do I determine if this is a faulty unit. I was expect my walls to be rattling and having to keep this unit relatively low volume but even cranking it high I’m not getting chest pumping/wall shaking bass and it’s VERY AGGRAVATING
(you have two identical threads going)
I have a Pioneer 305 and a 12S Speedwoofer.....I assure you you are doing something seriously wrong with it. My 12S can rattle every door in my house if I let it. (even without bringing my 2 10S Speedwoofers in on it.)

The chance of it being bad are very slim.
You certainly don't need the Denon.
Did you turn it up with the remote ?...never use the knob on the back.
Are you using the right RCA input on the back ?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
(you have two identical threads going)
I have a Pioneer 305 and a 12S Speedwoofer.....I assure you you are doing something seriously wrong with it. My 12S can rattle every door in my house if I let it. (even without bringing my 2 10S Speedwoofers in on it.)

The chance of it being bad are very slim.
You certainly don't need the Denon.
Did you turn it up with the remote ?...never use the knob on the back.
Are you using the right RCA input on the back ?
Well the first one he got the idea it was faulty from TLS I think....so he started another thread but should be combined in any case. He still hasn't shared how he set it up let alone any solid info about output....

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Well the first one he got the idea it was faulty from TLS I think....so he started another thread but should be combined in any case. He still hasn't shared how he set it up let alone any solid info about output....
There was a post on AVS about three weeks ago about the same "issue".
Poster didn't know that sub volume is set on the remote. They thought theirs was bad also.

The volume knob on the back is weird...it just spins and spins.
Best to never touch it.
As far as trading his Pioneer for a Denon due to "need more settings", our poster probably doesn't know that most of the good stuff/settings on Pioneer/Onkyo/Integra are on the web interface.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis