SVS PC Ultra and PB Ultra

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
aside from shape and price ...

are these two equal in performance?
(im interested in the lowest frequency performance but still with the greatest SPL capability)

the PB weighs twice the cylinder model.

I don't travel a lot but, I was wondering if I can fly it back home from the US myself :)
are there limits to the size/weight of baggage/packages on the plane?

Last edited:
MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
mike c said:
aside from shape and price ...

are these two equal in performance?
(im interested in the lowest frequency performance but still with the greatest SPL capability)

the PB weighs twice the cylinder model.

I don't travel a lot but, I was wondering if I can fly it back home from the US myself :)
are there limits to the size/weight of baggage/packages on the plane?

Yes there are limits, and no you couldnt fly it back. I think the Cyl subs sound better than the single driver box units. Now the dual driver box is a different story.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Both are superb subs in their own right. It boils down to which one you prefer. Tall cylinder with small footprint or low box with large footprint.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
I actually prefer small footprint ... limited room real estate vs. unlimited room airspace :)

What about PB12 Plus/2 vs. PC Ultra? (only 3 models are readily available to the overseas market)

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
mike c said:
I actually prefer small footprint ... limited room real estate vs. unlimited room airspace :)

What about PB12 Plus/2 vs. PC Ultra? (only 3 models are readily available to the overseas market)

The plus/2 blows it away.

Loner

Loner

Audioholic Intern
mike c said:

I asked a similar question to Tom a couple days ago. I was comparing the PBU amd PB+/2. Here's his response.

"Well, the PB12-plus/2 will extend just as deep…and have more headroom(compared to the PB12-Ultra). So any sound *quality* advantage for the Ultra would be negated by that in my opinion…especially with louder volume levels. If you had both subs in your room…at low to moderate volume levels I don’t think you would have a consistent preference for either. But at high volume levels…the PB12-plus/2 would be consistently preferred. "

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis