SVS PB13 Ultra or SVS SB13 Ultra, ready to buy.

Rippyman

Rippyman

Audioholic
Are you trolling or being serious dude? Buying a sub based on driver looks.:D Just tell the truth you want that piano black SVS finish to match those couches. I can't fault a man for that either. Just get the PB Ultra so you have plenty of headroom. Yeah I know at the end of the day we are all visual creatures. I'd personally would have bought an SVS if I didn't make my own sub. They've stood the test of time.
I'm very serious. The construction/build quality looks horrible.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Are you trolling or being serious dude? Buying a sub based on driver looks.:D
When you've got a field full of good contenders, you got to have something to narrow down the selection. Perceived build quality/fit and finish is as good as anything.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I'm very serious. The construction/build quality looks horrible.
Where do you see a picture of their drivers? All I can see is the woofers mounted in the subs, and that doesn't tell you anything. If I had to choose between the PB13 and Funk 18.1, it would be a no-brainer, I would go for the Funk sub. Funk is no amateur, and if it's porting is done right, the larger woofer and larger cabinet means the 18.1 should be able to keep up with the PB13 pretty easily, even with much less excursion. And at higher frequencies, there is no question the PB13 will get stomped pretty hard.

D

Delhi sound

Enthusiast
Close your eyes and get the monster. PB13 ULTRA.
Best regards.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis