SVS PB12-ISD/2 or 20-39 PC+ sub?

S

sschen

Enthusiast
Guys

I am in a bit of a dilemma. I have been in correspondence with SVS regarding the above two subs in terms of shipping costs. Including all taxes and shipping costs etc, I estimate final pricings of the sub to be as follows in Australian currency:

PB12-ISD/2 A$1915
20-39 PC+ A$1650

I actually prefer the PB12-ISD/2 more. Don't ask me why, but I guess I prefer a box shaped sub more?

As you can see, the price of PB12-ISD/2 is significantly higher because of its weight (nearly double that of the 20-39 PC+) and hence higher shipping costs even though the price difference between the two is originally only US$75 (not taking shipping into account).

For those SVS owners out there or anyone familiar with the SVS subs, what do you think? Is the PB12-ISD/2 worh US$200 more?

I am sure any feedback you can provide will help, so please don't hold back.

BTW, the HSU VTF-3 MKII can be had in Australia for the same price as that of PB12-ISD/2 listed above.

Sincerely
Stephen

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....Sschen, one of your choices has twice the elements....

shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
Check out the BStock for a better price. You must have a huge room to need the plus. I have a pretty good size room thats open in the back and side and i have the 20-39pci and its great. Doing a job on the kitchen cabinets.

Z

Zarg

Junior Audioholic
Choice

There's a lot more to your choice than price. For me, the box was the right choice because I didn't want my child to topple over the cylinder sub. He can climb onto the box and I'm not worried about his safety or damage to my system.

But the box is large. Make sure you have room for it.

Both subs will sound great.

S

sschen

Enthusiast
Zarg said:
There's a lot more to your choice than price. For me, the box was the right choice because I didn't want my child to topple over the cylinder sub. He can climb onto the box and I'm not worried about his safety or damage to my system.

But the box is large. Make sure you have room for it.

Both subs will sound great.
Zarg

Fantastic argument. I have a 18 month old toddler who is running around the house wrecking havoc as it is.

I take it you have a box sub, which one did you buy? Surely your child is not the main reason you bought the box sub over the cylinder sub?

My room is 5m x 5m. I have taken some measurements and both the subs I am deciding from will fact nicely in one corner with plenty of room still to spare. Mind you my HT is still a lot way from being complete. :)

M

mfabien

Senior Audioholic
My room measures:

4.57m wide plus an additional 6.1m open space for the first 3.35m in length from the front

10.67m in length

2.44 in height

My new PB-12 ISD (single driver) is quite able to handle the volume of air space at one third sub volume setting.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis