SVS PB-3000 Vs Paradigm X-15

L

Little T

Audiophyte
New Member. I would like some thoughts on a compare of strengths /weaknesses of these 2 subs. The test numbers are similar.
Reading the reviews Shady mentioned the audiophile music quality of X-15. Local paradigm dealer said the X-15 would play the notes and svs would only hit the frequency and not sound nearly as good for music. Seems like the svs for the most part digs a little deeper below 31hz and might be slightly better for movies. Would the paradigm be superior for music like the dealer told me? I would especially like to hear Shady's thoughts on this. Thanks.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I think what your dealer told you is a bit goofy. You should have asked him what he thinks the difference is between notes and frequency! Both subs can play music just fine. I would say the difference is that, as you mentioned, the PB-3000 can play just a bit deeper, but the X15 has a bit more headroom in mid-bass. However, both play fairly deep and both have a lot of mid-bass headroom. If you are more interested in dynamic range, go for the Paradigm, but if you are more interested in extension, go for the SVS. If you are really interested in extension, the PB-4000 is a much better choice than the PB-3000.

L

Little T

Audiophyte
Thanks for the clarification .I ordered a pb 3000. Will let arc genesis from my anthem receiver do room correction. If you bump into the owners of maximum audio/video tampa feel free to ask them why they would say that. Although they are very knowledgeable and i guess they are just trying to exaggerate the products they sell.

vader540is

vader540is

Full Audioholic
New Member. I would like some thoughts on a compare of strengths /weaknesses of these 2 subs. The test numbers are similar.
Reading the reviews Shady mentioned the audiophile music quality of X-15. Local paradigm dealer said the X-15 would play the notes and svs would only hit the frequency and not sound nearly as good for music. Seems like the svs for the most part digs a little deeper below 31hz and might be slightly better for movies. Would the paradigm be superior for music like the dealer told me? I would especially like to hear Shady's thoughts on this. Thanks.
For that price I would rather get more bang for my buck.

Power Sound Audio TV1512 or Rythmik FV15HP

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
I would not knock the Defiance X series Paradigm subwoofers. I own the X12 and it is a very good subwoofer. And I also own the SVS SB-3000, also a good woofer. I prefer heavily the x12 over the SB3000.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I would not knock the Defiance X series Paradigm subwoofers. I own the X12 and it is a very good subwoofer. And I also own the SVS SB-3000, also a good woofer. I prefer heavily the x12 over the SB3000.
Although I've never head the SVS subs, I recently (in the last 2 months) bought 2 of the Defiance X12s, and I couldn't be happier. I never knew that home theater could be like that. Amazing.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks for the clarification .I ordered a pb 3000. Will let arc genesis from my anthem receiver do room correction. If you bump into the owners of maximum audio/video tampa feel free to ask them why they would say that. Although they are very knowledgeable and i guess they are just trying to exaggerate the products they sell.
I would had went x15 for larger woofer but I’m sure it will be powerful anyway ,4000 series has lot more power but still not 15”.
Svs needs bigger drivers for prices they charge .
Tell us a review of the 3000 it’s a 13.5” woofer right ? So it’s slightly smaller.
Anthem is far too expensive for me , plus rooms too small it would better to invest in speakers.

M

Muad'dib

Enthusiast
Just a FYI..

I had 2 paradigm sub 15's and were stellar.

Then wanted to try 2 SVS pb3000.

Needless to say, I sold my paradigms..

The SVS were amazing and brought new life to my theater..

They had more punch on john wick for example, and played very low.. Seemed lower than thr sub 15s..

Again this is in my room, but the SVS was the winner..
Both paradigm and SVS are damn tight and deep... Just different.

SVS out of box was stellar, but after break in , damn it plays so much deeper now..

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Just a FYI..

I had 2 paradigm sub 15's and were stellar.

Then wanted to try 2 SVS pb3000.

Needless to say, I sold my paradigms..

The SVS were amazing and brought new life to my theater..

They had more punch on john wick for example, and played very low.. Seemed lower than thr sub 15s..

Again this is in my room, but the SVS was the winner..
Both paradigm and SVS are damn tight and deep... Just different.

SVS out of box was stellar, but after break in , damn it plays so much deeper now..
[/QUOTE
So 13” svs more powerful then 15” x 15?
Nice ... they are tuned lot lower too
So 13” svs more powerful then 15” x 15?
Nice ... they are tuned lot lower too

M

Muad'dib

Enthusiast
In my room, yup, seems the 2 pb3000 output better than the 2 sub 15's..

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis