SVS PB 2000 trouble

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
That’s not unusual, had that very same thing happen to a amp I have. Instead of shipping back I just replaced RCA jack myself. If your handy with a soldering gun is fairly easy.

Mike
SVS , it has a 5 year warranty and they should make it right.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Customer service is something SVS does very well from all reports I've read, am sure you'll be fine. Can you work on the sub at all yourself with your disability? (sorry if that's the wrong word)

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
No, and I’m 72. Mentally I am fine it’s just the physical stuff I have trouble with.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No, and I’m 72. Mentally I am fine it’s just the physical stuff I have trouble with.
Was thinking more the wheelchair thing....doesn't seem to be affecting you mentally except that you hang around here LOL :)

ps hope that I'm not misremembering about wheelchair?

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
I wish you were misrembering. About hanging around here “monkey see monkey do” or “birds of a feather”.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
SVS , it has a 5 year warranty and they should make it right.
Definitely they should, was only saying I had the same thing happen to a amp I had that was under warranty I really didn’t want to pack it up ship it back. They shipped out a replacement RCA jack to me. Do wish you the best of luck in getting it repaired. After all that sub you have isn’t a cheap sub.

Mike

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Out of the blue I got an email to return it. HOW? It weighs to much and I can’t,I don’t have any packing.

Totally unexpected. Anyone know who to talk to?

It would be cheaper for them to have it repaired at my house by a technician.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Just talked to SVS and they are sending a amp but it looks like I have to remove old one and install new one.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Surprised they don't just ask for the amp. Would you be able to get some help taking it off if you can't manage that yourself?

ps Swear that 8:15 post wasn't there when I posted mine....

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I've done it before when the amp in my Empire died and I've built my own subs before. I can drop by and do it once it arrives, depending on when that is.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Thanks for the offer. Will let you know when it arrives. ; )

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Removing the amp from a SB-2000 shouldn't be very difficult. SVS should send you the procedure in a set of instructions.

Prey that you never have to remove the amp plate from one of the Monoprice Monolith subs or the Outlaw X13. That is a harrowing experience.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Forgot to say that now the sub also puts out a DEEP bass note 8-10 times per hour now.

J_garcia thanks again for the offer of help, it’s much appreciated! KEW your post was very helpful.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Removing the amp from a SB-2000 shouldn't be very difficult. SVS should send you the procedure in a set of instructions.

Prey that you never have to remove the amp plate from one of the Monoprice Monolith subs or the Outlaw X13. That is a harrowing experience.
Harrowing how?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Harrowing how?
Very difficult. Many times after the plate amp and driver are set in the the cabinet of a new subwoofer, moisture causes the wood to expand, and this can really squeeze these components in there, especially when there is very tight tolerances already. So the enclosure itself it pressing in on these components with a death grip. There are some techniques I have learned in order to deal with this, but it still takes some muscle.

I hope you guys appreciate the lengths I go to give you all a peak inside the cabinets!! :p

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Very difficult. Many times after the plate amp and driver are set in the the cabinet of a new subwoofer, moisture causes the wood to expand, and this can really squeeze these components in there, especially when there is very tight tolerances already. So the enclosure itself it pressing in on these components with a death grip. There are some techniques I have learned in order to deal with this, but it still takes some muscle.

I hope you guys appreciate the lengths I go to give you all a peak inside the cabinets!!
Yeah sometimes also removing the driver might help so you can push from the inside but atight fit is better than not ;)

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
SVS fixed under warranty. Thank you. Very good service.

Last edited:
Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General

I hope you guys appreciate the lengths I go to give you all a peak inside the cabinets!! :p
That's what happen to my SVS SB-13 Ultra. Can't take the plate amp off after removing the screws, it seems like its been permanently sealed tot he box. Do you have any suggestions?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis