SVS PB 2000 trouble

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
That's what happen to my SVS SB-13 Ultra. Can't take the plate amp off after removing the screws, it seems like its been permanently sealed tot he box. Do you have any suggestions?
There may be a lot of adhesive between the plate amp and cabinet. It could be that if you tried forcing the plate amp off, if could take a chunk of the cabinet with it. What you might try is taking the driver out, and then seeing if you can push the amp out from the other side. Otherwise, you might just let SVS deal with it if you have a problem. I have damaged subs before by trying to remove components by force.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I doubt there's any adhesive. It's highly likely there's just a thin foam seal that got highly compressed and it's just a little sticky. If the amp is going back to SVS anyhow, just protect the cabinet with a piece of hard plastic and pry it off.

E

Ed Mullen

Manufacturer
We have a technique to remove a sticky plate amp which doesn't damage the plate or the cabinet. Contact SVS at custservice@svsound.com for details and we'll take care of you.

KenM10759 is correct - there is no adhesive on the plate. Either the foam gasket is being stubborn or the MDF cabinet has swelled a bit and has a tight grip on the plate.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
We have a technique to remove a sticky plate amp which doesn't damage the plate or the cabinet. Contact SVS at custservice@svsound.com for details and we'll take care of you.

KenM10759 is correct - there is no adhesive on the plate. Either the foam gasket is being stubborn or the MDF cabinet has swelled a bit and has a tight grip on the plate.
SVS did provide me instructions on how to remove the sticky amp. I was able to remove the amp.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis