SVS PB 10 - ISD - Photos

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Hi,

attached there are 2 shots from my new woofer.
The location may not be the ideal one (no way to place it on corners), but it sounds amazingly good anyway!

Cheers / Avliner.

Last edited:
corysmith01

corysmith01

Senior Audioholic
Nice. I had that sub at one time. Had to get rid of it due to size constraints, but I remember thinking that I couldn't be happier once I got it. That thing hits hard.

As for placement, even putting it flush against that wall, as opposed to at an angle, could probably help your bass response. Just a thought and perhaps worth experimenting with. Have fun with that beast and enjoy.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I used to have that guy too. A very impressive 10" sub all things considered. Congrats!

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
corysmith01 said:
As for placement, even putting it flush against that wall, as opposed to at an angle, could probably help your bass response/QUOTE]

Hi Corysmith,

thanks for the tip. Matter of fact, your suggestion improved the bass and now the woofer is flush against the wall.

Tell you what, is unbelievable how a good woofer can really improve the overall sound of the rest of the speakers set ( mine is a 7.1).

Cheers / Avliner.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Take a look at the manual, I believe it actually advises against putting the sub right up against the wall. I'd pull it away at least a few inches. Due to space requirements, I had mine about 3-4" away and it worked great.

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
j_garcia said:
Take a look at the manual, I believe it actually advises against putting the sub right up against the wall. I'd pull it away at least a few inches. Due to space requirements, I had mine about 3-4" away and it worked great.
J Garcia,

thanks for your comments. After re-reading the manual it doesn't say anything about keeping a few inches away from the wall, but I'll try that option too; perhaps it'll improve bass a bit more, who knows?
I'll let you know about that, ok?

Cheers / Avliner.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Must have been another manufacturer, or I read it somewhere else. The manual for the PB-10 isn't exactly long :D

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
G-force said:
Can you take a pic with the grill off?
How's that? (MacManNM with all the PB10 offerings at the SVS factory, who is sadly banned from the site - hopefully for only a week)

wilkenboy

wilkenboy

Full Audioholic
I've been gone a few weeks- what happened that Mac got banned?

Nice sub, BTW! As soon as I can secure the funds, the PB10 is on the list.

~Josh

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Buckeyefan 1 said:
How's that? (MacManNM with all the PB10 offerings at the SVS factory, who is sadly banned from the site - hopefully for only a week)
Hi Buckeye,

nice to hear from you after quite a while!

Could you please elaborate on that subject a bit better?
If that is true, I'll avoid sending any other photos or even write personal statements, which, in principle, may sound biased to some folks.

Sheep is saying that not only John has been banned, but Cygnus as well...
Really don't know what to say about it.

For G Force: I better wait for some comments before sending a photo with the grills off ( I might be breaking the forums's rules somehow, I don't know).

Cheers / Avliner.

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Avliner, I wouldn't sweat the 'banning' thing, it has nothing to do with posting a picture of your sub. Buckeye was just pointing out that MacManNM was the one in the picture w/the SVS, who recently has been banned. Reasons are quite justifiable, see this short thread and it'll become pretty clear as to why. Gene's also listed the site rules at that link to make it even more clear.

'MacManNM' and 'Cygnus' were nicknames being used by the same person, as well as another nick (buffethead1985). This in itself is against site rules, but not likely to get you banned unless you do something much more stupid and one of the moderators researches your IP info.

So to make a long story short, don't sweat it, post away.... -TD

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
TomD51,

thanks for the info, I didn't know about its contents...
So, I'll post away some photos soon, though.

Cheers / Avliner

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
tomd51 said:
Avliner, I wouldn't sweat the 'banning' thing, it has nothing to do with posting a picture of your sub. Buckeye was just pointing out that MacManNM was the one in the picture w/the SVS, who recently has been banned. Reasons are quite justifiable, see this short thread and it'll become pretty clear as to why. Gene's also listed the site rules at that link to make it even more clear.

'MacManNM' and 'Cygnus' were nicknames being used by the same person, as well as another nick (buffethead1985). This in itself is against site rules, but not likely to get you banned unless you do something much more stupid and one of the moderators researches your IP info.

So to make a long story short, don't sweat it, post away.... -TD
No, Cygnus is Cygnus. I have talked to him outside the forum (hes only 15). I think he was using a different name. Same with MacMan.

SheepStar

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Sheep said:
No, Cygnus is Cygnus. I have talked to him outside the forum (hes only 15). I think he was using a different name. Same with MacMan.

SheepStar
Not to sidetrack Avliner's thread, but... hmm... Going by what Gene noted below in the thread I'd referenced:

"UPDATE: It turns out that buffethead1985 and MacManNM share the same IP: 67.142.130.28 as does Cygnus."

It's possible they use the same ISP, but it's pretty unlikely they also are Audioholics members. Possible, but not likely... -TD

A

AzN_plyR

Audioholic
wait. if me and my lil bro both wants to use this site? because we are on the same router... we'll get banned? :confused:

S

silversurfer

Senior Audioholic
AzN_plyR said:
wait. if me and my lil bro both wants to use this site? because we are on the same router... we'll get banned? :confused:
That brings up an interesting point. I would think that there would be some larger companies behind a single ip address with more than one member on this site.

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
cygnus too? wasnt he a 15 year old kid, with a tiny bedroom set up..

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
AzN_plyR said:
Similar to any forums I'm aware of, banning users isn't taken lightly. I highly doubt you and your little brother would both get banned unless one or both of you were repeatedly violating the few rules AH has.... -TD

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis