SVS in the Tri-State area?

S

SKINNER

Junior Audioholic
Okay, I've got a buddy that is looking at buying a new sub. He's stuck between the DefTech Super Cube 1 and SVS's PB12-ISD/2 or SVS's PB12-Plus. The bad thing is there's no way to audition the SVS. Does anyone in the Tri-State (In, Ill, or Ky) have one they'd be willing to let us hear? We're located in Evansville and have to problem driving 1-2 hours if necessary.

What is everyone's feelings about the 3 subs mentioned? Def Tech claims the super cubes play to 10-11hz?? Is this correct?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Deftech likes to "lie" in there FR claims. They use "overall" FR rather then -3dB like SVS. The SV sub should outperform. How big is your friends room? If its not too large, he can use a PB-12Plus and not have to worry about SPL loss from only 1 driver.

SheepStar

S

SKINNER

Junior Audioholic
It's an L-shaped room, 12' wide by 24' long, at one end of the 24' is the HT, at the other end in the seating position. The 'L' is located at the end of the room by the couch where the room opens into another 12'x12' room. Does this make sense??:confused:

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
There are tons of people in your area. Ask SVS.

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
the PB12-ISD/2 will blow away that super cube. IMO it outperformes the PB12-plus. He will be really happy with that unit.

S

scotty11

Junior Audioholic
I got an SVS PB12/ISD2 and it is unbelievable!

you will never have to upgrade if you go with the SVS/2

my room is 23' x 18' and i have yet to use more than 1/3 of the subs potential.

very strong LFE down to 22Hz.

Im nowhere near your area but i can strongly reccomend SVS.
their customer service is excellent.

if you email them your room specs they will offer their advice on he model to best suit your needs.
i can tell you if you have a small room i would go with the PB12/ISD+
over the ISD/2.

scott

Last edited:
annunaki

annunaki

Wow all the way down to 22khz? That is one large tweeter.;) :p

I agree, contacting SVS' support is a pleasant experience.

S

scotty11

Junior Audioholic
i was impressed.
i used the Avia disc yesterday and calibrated the speakers and when working on the sub she went down to 22 before dropping out.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis