SVS 1000 Pro Series Subwoofer Review

fandango1966

fandango1966

Audiophyte
Have fun! :p

If you have any more questions just hit us up here. If you really wanna get deep in the weeds and learn how to dial your bass in, a Umik mic and REW are great tools for seeing what's going on in your room. I think the mic is 75 or 85 bucks and REW is free. It's helped me make some very noticeable improvements.
Hello again...just an update-I got a new PC2000 pro delivered and I placed it at the front and moved the PB1000pro next to my couch and after running audyssey I'm very happy with the results. Not necesssarily more volume for bass but it feels more tactile and not overwhelming...I decided NOT to raise the subs volumes and leave them at the level Audyssey chose. I think that just the PC2000 pro would be enough for most people with modest HT -even the PB-1000 pro is sufficient for most regular people, but I always wanted a dual SVS set up and this combo is unique. I can use the same app for both and I get an amazing 5 yr warranty. Who knows when I will go to the movies again...for now my Samsung 75" TV and my HT with the SVS subs is just perfect. I may look into the REW software one of these days for sure. Thanks!

G

GeneralJackson

Audiophyte
Hey hey - first post here!
I recently bought this sub this week. My last sub was a HSU TN1225 with the 500w amp that poop the bed.instead of paying a fortune for having it fixed i decided to buy this one. And boy am i happy i did.

I've been playing downloaded Dolby trailers and i'm loving them.
Question: my ancient receiver isnt playing a sub test tone for some reason. is there a way i can do that so i can calibrate?

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Hey hey - first post here!
I recently bought this sub this week. My last sub was a HSU TN1225 with the 500w amp that poop the bed.instead of paying a fortune for having it fixed i decided to buy this one. And boy am i happy i did.

I've been playing downloaded Dolby trailers and i'm loving them.
Question: my ancient receiver isnt playing a sub test tone for some reason. is there a way i can do that so i can calibrate?
First go into your receivers menu and see if it may need turned on to play it or a lot of older dvds came with thx calibration tone for set up in the special features menus . But make sure your settings are right first .

G

GeneralJackson

Audiophyte
thanks. This is how long its been since i upgraded anything: i have a Pioneer Elite VSX-99 receiver.

"may need turned on"? the sub? yes its turned on

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
thanks. This is how long its been since i upgraded anything: i have a Pioneer Elite VSX-99 receiver.

"may need turned on"? the sub? yes its turned on
Iam not up on pioneer avrs but I’ve got duel Pb 1000 pros and the first time I ran a calibration on mine they hadn’t turned on yet as I set them to auto and the test tone hadn’t turned them on yet lol so make sure in your app on the sub that it’s set to on then try to run it again .

G

GeneralJackson

Audiophyte
ah - thanks good advice. My buddy came over with his SPL meter and was shocked when no tone was coming thru!

TWO? damn i bet thats amazing.
FYI: been playing this track i found on youtube thats simply awesome :

Also this site is a great resource:

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
ah - thanks good advice. My buddy came over with his SPL meter and was shocked when no tone was coming thru!

TWO? damn i bet thats amazing.
FYI: been playing this track i found on youtube thats simply awesome :

Also this site is a great resource:
Our friend here has a thread called subwoofer candy you should check it out it’s got some insane tracks on it look it up .

G

GeneralJackson

Audiophyte
also my humble system:

Pioneer elite VSX-99 Receiver
Definitive Technology Bookshalef

G

GeneralJackson

Audiophyte
im definitely looking into that.

i think my post got interrupted

Lfaire

Lfaire

Audiophyte
The SB-1000 Pros would only be better insofar as they would allow more placement options due to their size. In performance, the PB-1000 Pros are superior. However, unless you are going to be cranking the volume, there probably wouldn't be any serious difference in the sound between the two.
Hi… I just signed up to the forum because of this comment.

I just ordered and got home the SB 1000 Pro when I just found out that the PB version also exist and that (as per reviews) seem to be superior.

Problem is, my local dealer ran out of stock for the PB 1000 Pro and I might have to wait a couple of weeks before returning the SB. I cannot use the SB in the meanwhile otherwise the dealer won’t accept the return (local dealer policies suck where I live).

My room is about 280 sq ft and I only plan to crank the volume when listening in stereo music with my wharfedale evos 4.4 which have a decent bass and I’m not interested in using the sub while listening to music with those speakers.

So, considering my plan is doing like 40% of games and movies without cranking the volume and 60% for music, would it be worth waiting for the PB or should I just go ahead and use the SB?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

I just ordered and got home the SB 1000 Pro when I just found out that the PB version also exist and that (as per reviews) seem to be superior.

Problem is, my local dealer ran out of stock for the PB 1000 Pro and I might have to wait a couple of weeks before returning the SB. I cannot use the SB in the meanwhile otherwise the dealer won’t accept the return (local dealer policies suck where I live).

My room is about 280 sq ft and I only plan to crank the volume when listening in stereo music with my wharfedale evos 4.4 which have a decent bass and I’m not interested in using the sub while listening to music with those speakers.

So, considering my plan is doing like 40% of games and movies without cranking the volume and 60% for music, would it be worth waiting for the PB or should I just go ahead and use the SB?
I would go for the PB personally. Do you have the SB hooked up currently? Or is it still in the box?

Lfaire

Lfaire

Audiophyte
I would go for the PB personally. Do you have the SB hooked up currently? Or is it still in the box?
Its still in the box.

Im now even wondering if I should upgrade to the PB 2K pro or SB 2K Pro as my room is 2200 cubes with some open spaces

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Its still in the box.

Im now even wondering if I should upgrade to the PB 2K pro or SB 2K Pro as my room is 2200 cubes with some open spaces
Is it on concrete? Or suspended floor, like not in a basement?
To me, if you have the funds, the pb2k pro is worth it. Honestly though, while the room is just a little bit on the large side, a pair of pb1000 pros will give you a better experience overall. I’m not a fan of sealed subs in general so I wouldn’t recommend sealed at all. Except when you get to the sb3000. It’s pretty special.
A pair of pb1000 is not cheap though, and if your going with a single sub the extra money for pb2k pro is an easy choice.(imo)
You’ll never be disappointed in investing in quality bass

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member

I would go for the PB subs. They have a lot more deep bass output.

A

Anteranz

Audiophyte
Hi guys I come to ask you for some advice,I have a fairly small room 10m2 and currently had a pb12+ and a sb12plus I have sold the pb12+ because I was unable to tame it and have kept the sb12plus behind the sofa and plan to put two more in the front...I have ordered two sb2000 (not pro) for the 500w and to be more in corcondance with my other subs but my dealer is adamant that the sb1000pro is much better.

According to audioholics it seems better in mid bass management about +3/4db but I'm afraid of running out of steam with those 325w.

What do you recommend?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hi guys I come to ask you for some advice,I have a fairly small room 10m2 and currently had a pb12+ and a sb12plus I have sold the pb12+ because I was unable to tame it and have kept the sb12plus behind the sofa and plan to put two more in the front...I have ordered two sb2000 (not pro) for the 500w and to be more in corcondance with my other subs but my dealer is adamant that the sb1000pro is much better.

According to audioholics it seems better in mid bass management about +3/4db but I'm afraid of running out of steam with those 325w.

What do you recommend?
The wattage isn't necessarily telling you it's lesser/greater output as that would depend on the sensitivity of the sub as a whole....

ps I'd go PB, not SB. Not sure what "taming" issues you have.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis