Survivor Goes HD in 17th Season

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
After 8 years and 16 seasons, CBS' Survivor reality TV series is finally upgrading its cameras and production to high definition. Next fall's 17th outing (as of yet unnamed, Camsur?) will be the first time the show's exotic locations, elaborate challenges and gruesome bug bites will be available in the widescreen HD format. While CBS is acting like this is no big deal and HD took a long time for everybody - Survivor languished in SD while many of its newcomer peers, like Dancing with the Stars and American Idol went the way of high-definition long ago. In addition, nearly all non-reality network prime time fare (both dramas and sitcoms) are now shown in HD with even many cable networks moving to HD for their highest-rated shows.

Discuss "Survivor Goes HD in 17th Season" here. Read the article.

S

scott911

Full Audioholic
I wonder how much bigger, heavier pro HD equipment is. Back when I was hooked on the show, I remember behind-the-scene's interviews with camera men that said it was the most phyisically exausting job they'd ever had.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Finally!!!

Nip-slips and butts hanging out in high def!! They should have done it this season. There were a lot of hot girls on the show.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
I guess I'm the only person who's never seen one episode. Now that I think about it, this show nor American Idol. I'm losing my appetite for TV, never had any for "reality" TV. I need to buy BD now!

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
I guess I'm the only person who's never seen one episode. Now that I think about it, this show nor American Idol. I'm losing my appetite for TV, never had any for "reality" TV. I need to buy BD now!
You're not the only one.

The closest I ever got was checking out a few pics of a couple of hot Survivor chicks a friend sent me years ago.

American Idol is the only "reality" TV I do. Besides that, it's Lost, 24, and....... and that's it, actually.

S

scott911

Full Audioholic
johnnythan - I'm straying horrifically off target, I know, but our household's appitite for TV was restored after getting BBC america. Lost and 24 were/are family favorites, but bbc's got a whole group of really neat shows that might appeal to you...

all low def though... and the conversion from PAL (if that's happening) seems to make it look even worse - but well written shows make up for it...

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
I got suckered into TV by Lost and 24 after not having watched any shows regularly for years. I sometimes go out of my way to avoid getting suckered into MORE TV.

The last thing I want to do is go actively searching for it ;)

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
You're not the only one.

The closest I ever got was checking out a few pics of a couple of hot Survivor chicks a friend sent me years ago.

American Idol is the only "reality" TV I do. Besides that, it's Lost, 24, and....... and that's it, actually.
UGH. You couldn't pay me to watch American Idol.

Biggiesized

Biggiesized

Senior Audioholic
I heard the biggest reason they were resisting the switch to HD was the durability of the equipment, not it's "clunkiness" factor. They were afraid too many expensive things would be damaged.

G

gtaylor0

Enthusiast
Well...cash, camera size and the ratings are down - mostly the latter, I suspect.

tn001d

tn001d

Senior Audioholic
This show is still on TV?? I had no idea they had 17 of them so far. I cant believe people still watch that crap.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis