Surround vs All Speaker (RX-V663)

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
What some can do if they don’t think atmos is any good on a disc is set the player to PCM. This will keep the 7.1 discreet channel output but lose the atmos metadata. With it in PCM, one can select Dolby Surround or DTS Neural:X on newer models and see if they prefer it.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Sorry, forgot Straight mode. It will deliver a stereo signal with use of sub for two channel signals and multichannel playback of multichannel signals. Yamaha has more sound modes than you can count on both hands.o_O

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
The BIG issue is, if people would read their manuals, they will find a wealth of information as to what does what and HOW........ Also, if they read their manual, they might want to experiment with settings that they did not know existed. But, I will help someone if they have not read. :)

The thing I like about Denon is, it remembers what sound to transmit coming from the Directv HD receiver. I select the AVR to music the channels, it comes out in multichannel. Other program channels are DD. Listening to classical music in multi channel, is music to my ears. Again, nice that the Denon recognizes, and auto switches to my pre-selected sound modes, for HD DD or music channels

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The BIG issue is, if people would read their manuals, they will find a wealth of information as to what does what and HOW........ Also, if they read their manual, they might want to experiment with settings that they did not know existed. But, I will help someone if they have not read. :)

The thing I like about Denon is, it remembers what sound to transmit coming from the Directv HD receiver. I select the AVR to music the channels, it comes out in multichannel. Other program channels are DD. Listening to classical music in multi channel, is music to my ears. Again, nice that the Denon recognizes, and auto switches to my pre-selected sound modes, for HD DD or music channels
Guys reading manuals? What, they're supposed to ask for directions, too? :) So many posts here are answered by a look at the manual....and I do somewhat understand that they're a bit daunting sometimes to get all the way thru.....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis