A

agular

Junior Audioholic
My speaker manufactures dictates, which speakers are to be placed left, and right, actually they are marked. Obviously it is easy to set up, left on your left, and right on your right.
Now how would you set up these speakers in a surround sound system as rear speakers?
Every thing is reversed the speakers now are behind you does anybody have any ideas. :)

R

Reggie Died

Audioholic Intern
Is it your left when your facing the TV, or is it your left when your facing the sitting area?

;)

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Everything is based on when you are sitting, facing the TV. Left is behind you, on the left, just as front left, is in front of you on the left. Don't turn around first. The left wall holds ALL the left speakers, the right wall holds ALL the right speakers. That was one of those things I had trouble with when I first began as well.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
The surround speakers actually flank you, facing directly at the side of your head (they should be 90 degrees from the front wall). Only the rear speakers in a 6.1 7 7.1 system go behind the listening position.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
That actually depends on whether it is a 5.1, 6.1, or 7.1 setup. In a 5.1 setup, the speakers can be placed behind you to the sides, just as the fronts are up front to the sides. This way you get more of a feeling of things being behind you when you don't have the extra speakers to pull the audio truly behind you.

In 6.1 and 7.1 you can pull the surrounds up beside you and then the rear channel(s) will be behind the listener to produce the effect of something travelling behind the viewer.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis