A

Anonymous 1

Audiophyte
I have two lg s65t3‑s speakers, no receiver. Must I get a receiver to run them and can it be any receiver?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Are those from the LG LHB675 HTIB? (home theater in a box) Like this? https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-LHB675.DUSALLK

Seems it has odd proprietary connectors for the "subs" in the speakers but seems there is an amp in the bluray player/controller thing to connect with speaker wire to the speakers. The speakers are fairly low impedance (3 ohm) so perhaps not suited for most receivers and most receivers expect a pre-out for the woofer/sub rather than a speaker-level connection (i.e. most subs todays receivers work with use active subwoofers, i.e. subs with their own amp on-board). Personally the speakers are not worth buying anything for....start fresh.

A

Anonymous 1

Audiophyte
I already have these speakers, now I'm looking for a receiver that would work with them. Also why are there 3 sets of wires on them I'm use to one set being on speakers

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I already have these speakers, now I'm looking for a receiver that would work with them. Also why are there 3 sets of wires on them I'm use to one set being on speakers
HTIB speakers are often a bit odd and not friendly in terms of use with standard components. What happened to the player/control unit they came with? Normal modern avrs could deal with the main part of the speaker, but not the "sub" (or is there a separate power cord for each "sub" in each speaker?)....

A

Anonymous 1

Audiophyte
No separate power cord. The unit that came with is nowhere to be found

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Well in that case you have worthless junk. Start from scratch. There really is no receiver that will drive those speakers safely. Get rid of them.

J

jmanlovesspeakers84

Audiophyte
I have two lg s65t3‑s speakers, no receiver. Must I get a receiver to run them and can it be any receiver?
i am currently running those, the trick is to cut the connectors off for the subwoofers and connect them in series to bring the ohms up to 6, then you require an amplifier with built in LFE channel or run a second amplifier off the sub pre out and use a single channel from that in stereo mode to get the most power from that one channel, your last option is to go buy a couple of passive coils to hook up in the sub woofer lines these will help filter the sould and slightly bring up the resistance to run them off a normal amplifier

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis